Volume Indicator - page 3

ChrisTinus:
Hello Mladen My broker sends me level 2 data (yes mt4). But it is visible only on their EA in the form of quickly moving numbers (short/long/level/volume of position). In this form it is not usable. But they also give api which helps to utilize that data. The little difficulty is that I'm not coder (yet). Do you think it's worthy looking at?

ChrisTinus

Depends what is the size of your investment, what are you going to trade and how are you going to solve and use the level 2 data. If you have a solution for that and you are going to trade indices from the Nasdaq "catalogue" then it is well worth using it

Level II is good only for indices

Thank you for so quick reply. For now my investment is small and I trade only currencies. So I understand that thinking about level 2 isn't worthy the effort. BTW, I've seen short video (can't remember the addres) of platform with futures. There was real volume and tick volume compared on the same chart. Indicators looked very similar. They say that tick volume has 80-90% value of real volume.

Hello gurus please kindly help me fix the errors in this volume indicator. I just noticed it unable to attached to my mt4 chart recently. I have done everything possible to fix the errors in the file but to no avail. I suspect it is because of the huge mt4 upgrade. Every other indicator on my mt4 folder both older/newer versions are all working fine. It was working a year ago I last used it. i am not a programmer yet. Many of you will find it useful too

Please find attached file

Dedoctor:
Hello gurus please kindly help me fix the errors in this volume indicator. I just noticed it unable to attached to my mt4 chart recently. I have done everything possible to fix the errors in the file but to no avail. I suspect it is because of the huge mt4 upgrade. Every other indicator on my mt4 folder both older/newer versions are all working fine. It was working a year ago I last used it. i am not a programmer yet. Many of you will find it useful too Please find attached file

Dedoctor

Try out this version

@Mleden

Is working now. You guys are just too much here. Thanks for helping out.

Dedoctor:
@Mleden Is working now. You guys are just too much here. Thanks for helping out.

How do you use that indicator?

Indicator drawing 4 average types of volume

va.mq4
Files:
va.mq4  5 kb

Intraday intensity index (by Alexander Hettinger)

Formulas:

III = Sum of [Volume*(2*Close-High-Low)/(High-Low)] for Length bars without normalization or

III = 100*(Sum of [Volume*(2*Close-High-Low)/(High-Low)])/(Sum of [Volume]) for Length bars with normalization.

iii.mq4

Files:
iii.mq4  2 kb

Normalized volume (works with new metatrader) normalizedvolume.mq4

Reason: