Programming Candlesticks

Has anyone tried or actually programmed japanese candlesticks in an EA?

why dont try transform pattern regcognition indicator into an ea?

I tried it but not working so well. Maybe I did something wrong. I don't know. I am trying now a different approach, using only price move (no indicators whatsoever) and it is working really good on EURUSD anly. Don't know why not on other pairs. here is the results of 2 years data.

S/L = 30 T/P = 90 Trailing SL = 25 lot=1

Files:
cwk.jpg  88 kb

Same test but with Money Menagement

Files:
cwk_mm.jpg  92 kb

elihayun:
Same test but with Money Menagement

Would you post the EA so I can look at the code please?

phoenix:
why dont try transform pattern regcognition indicator into an ea?

I just saw the pattern recognition indicator. It's interesing. I'm not sure how to convert it to an EA. It is interesting to see how it's set up. There are many candlestick patterns more than just twelve...There is also a need to combine western technicals with it.

Aaragorn:
Would you post the EA so I can look at the code please?

I am not willing to share the code. I can give u the ex4 file to test for a limited time if u want

I've found these two eas on the yahoo group server. have just looked them up, no testing, don't know how they work.

edit: have just opened them in mql editor and found that they are in mt3 language, not mt4, so they'd need converting...

elihayun:
I am not willing to share the code. I can give u the ex4 file to test for a limited time if u want

I would appreciate that. I think I could learn from that enough to start making the EA I want to with candlesticks.

Aaragorn:
I would appreciate that. I think I could learn from that enough to start making the EA I want to with candlesticks.

PM me with your e-mail address

DanielTyrkiel:
I've found these two eas on the yahoo group server. have just looked them up, no testing, don't know how they work. edit: have just opened them in mql editor and found that they are in mt3 language, not mt4, so they'd need converting...

I don't see anything related to candlesticks in these codes. ??

Reason: