I need help on creating an Icustom statement for my EA using this indicator as input!

Let me see if I can push you in the right direction.

According to MT help,

double iCustom( string symbol, int timeframe, string name, ..., int mode, int shift)

so, you should have,

buy_cur = iCustom(NULL, 0, "Fisher_v1", Length, Price, NumBars, 3, 1);

So, the lenght, price and numbars are the required parameters for the indicator and the "3" indicates that it will return the values of the 4th buffer, which is the Fisher.

Hope this helps.

Maji:
Let me see if I can push you in the right direction.

According to MT help,

double iCustom( string symbol, int timeframe, string name, ..., int mode, int shift)

so, you should have,

buy_cur = iCustom(NULL, 0, "Fisher_v1", Length, Price, NumBars, 3, 1);

So, the lenght, price and numbars are the required parameters for the indicator and the "3" indicates that it will return the values of the 4th buffer, which is the Fisher.

Hope this helps.

Yes! That's right! the Fisher buffer is the fourth one (which has the index 3)! but for the current bar it should be :

buy_cur = iCustom(NULL, 0, "Fisher_v1", Length, Price, NumBars, 3, 0);

I'm thinking in creating a little visual basic toy that takes a mql4 file as input and returns the line of the icutom depending in the options (ex: which buffer) the user sets! WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Thanks CodersGuru and Maji, I think I got it now how this works. I was at your site CodersGuru and the amount of variables messed me up, as well as buffers. Most examples people use in training are basic 1 variable examples. This multiple variable, multiple buffer usage really clarified the more extreme usage of this statement along with both your excellent comments. I dreaded icustom statements, but now I feel I understand them (I'm pretty sure!). What is sad is the examples the MetaEditor has most of the time in the Dictionary suck! I even went on their help site and the past answers to the questions on their forum were deleted - That really helps people - Not!

Trial by fire. Like I told somebody in the past, by the time I reach Moses' of the Bible retirement age, I will know this stuff!

Thanks again guys, if it wasn't for your help and the help we all share with each other, this programming for most of us would be hopeless. Now to fully document what I now have learned concerning icustom statements.

We sincere appreciation!

Dave

<<<
Reason: