Position Trading. - page 21

Thanks.

I've found over time that any short term trading profits I make will soon be given up. I'm just not consistent enough or I don't have "the edge".

With long term I get more time to filter everything and I've found I can hedge exposure almost naturally so once that's done it just a matter of holding onto a winner

holding a long aud myself and looking to mayeb start short eur. I'll take a look tonight and perhaps we can compare

see'ya

ZeeJay:
i'm curious why you say this.

did he took your money or something?

as far as i know, he's helpful in this forum answering people's questions .

I know he won't give you the PAD indicator. but what's his , it's his, right?

just my 2 cents on the subject,

CJ.-

yes... he managed my friend's account and loss it in 1 day. he did not use stop loss and damn. he promised to refund but now he run away.

One day? doesn't sound like position trading to me. Perhaps he just "lost" it

rarely i relied on indicators. just a peek to check most advantages way my trade should be heading using standard macd or stoch..

Have you guys tried enter a position trade using the count back line method (guppy has been teaching about it)? try to size your position and add a small additional small position at time especially during retracement in a strong trend of daily chart.

or tried to position a very small size trade on a big carry pair consistently over a period of time. let say 1000 or 2000 per day. over a period of time, accumulate a number of trades and build an average price where once the average price reach certain percentage of profit or of the starting price, closed it for profit and start again.my trade normally will varies in duration of time but this way i can sustain a fluctuation of price for a long time and accumulate carry and juicy swing profit if i closed my trades according to plan.

it is very important to plan our trade first before start trading.

the size of initial trade and additional trade is very important which may differ depending to the size of my account. i have been trading this way for quite sometime. need a lot of patience. not hundred percent winning trade but with discipline and patience and most important is know how on money management.this is the way i have been consistently make money.

korn_trader

Hello I am back! I intend to get back into the swing of position trading and other ideas soon... anyone else into a longed term strategy join in.

hey , welcome back

jackjones:
Hello I am back! I intend to get back into the swing of position trading and other ideas soon... anyone else into a longed term strategy join in.

how's it going my friend?

welcome back...

it's been many months....

(no, as far as i know , none of us is a millionaire )

CJ.-

Hey yeah its been ages. I took a bit of a break and got back into other things, was just trading stocks and LT forex when I could. Anyway I have a bit more time now...

I've been holding long silver and short usd/cny for some time now.

Just looking around today and usd/cad at 1.03 looks interesting. I'm short at 1.028 stop/reverse trade at 1.034, target 1.010 and will sell more at 1.020.

Might long cad/jpy as well if it holds 103. edit: looks like it has, long 103.80 t 106.75 s 102.50

cad/jpy was stopped out and usd/cad was reversed and now positive so I brought a one week 1/1.5 box option at 1.02 to try and hold it for longer. talk about standing infront of a train huh. a bit gun ho!

Managed to short aud and gold over night. ST trades that where positive but should have held the gold for longer.

I brought a 1/2 payout box on aud at 8410 from feb 1 to march 7.

I also have a short eur/gbp going .7470 and while I can see the possible fall I'm not sure if I'll be able to hold it so I am hedging that up with boxes for now as well.

I'll get some pics happening soon. And I refer to box option payout at 1/2 or 1/1.5 as is if hit or miss thats the payout. $50 for $100 etc.

first million to come

Long time no post. I am glade this is active again. Will be coming back shortly, with real stuff to get first million CJ.

Good luck guys, by the way Jack you are just doing fine. Surviving so long in forex mean million is not far away.

Rgs,

SFX

jackjones:
cad/jpy was stopped out and usd/cad was reversed and now positive so I brought a one week 1/1.5 box option at 1.02 to try and hold it for longer. talk about standing infront of a train huh. a bit gun ho!

Managed to short aud and gold over night. ST trades that where positive but should have held the gold for longer.

I brought a 1/2 payout box on aud at 8410 from feb 1 to march 7.

I also have a short eur/gbp going .7470 and while I can see the possible fall I'm not sure if I'll be able to hold it so I am hedging that up with boxes for now as well.

I'll get some pics happening soon. And I refer to box option payout at 1/2 or 1/1.5 as is if hit or miss thats the payout. $50 for $100 etc.

hey!

yeah, it's nice to see the thread back alive..

Jack , let's see those graphical explanations please...

I found this blog of another aussie guy , pretty good work.

have a look : Forex System - OzFx - Free Forex Currency Trading Signal

ShazhadFX : teach us some of your mastery , my friend.... we all need that million dollars