Total Beginner question on using Metatrader

I just opened a Demo account with a brokerage whose platform is MQ4 Forex. I never used it before. They will not answer any questions at all. I need to know where I can find a basic tutorial just to setup the platform how I want it. Example of something I can't find- how to change MA from Simple to Exponential. I have looked at the help area and cicked around the platform on my own first. I'm not embrassed to ask for help. I have to get the platform setup before I can test systems obviously.

Thanks for any help that you can give me.

lawed

Hi,

Welcome to the forum and to trading with MT4. I suppose you are asking how to change the properties of the indicators?

Very simply..right click on the charts and choose "indicators" from the menu.

Click on any of the items in the indicator and the click on the "edit" button on the right of the window. This allows you to edit any indicator. Alternatively you can also double click on any of the indicators in the "Indicator" window to bring it into edit mode.

In the edit mode, try clicking on the tabs at the top of each indicator window. It allows you to do changes to the type(simple, exponential), period,, line width etc

Let me know if you need any more help

In my opinion, true understanding of the forex market won't come until you find information unrelated to anything Metatrader. That includes indicators and anything software related to metatrader. Metatrader is good for charts but those indicators are absolutely horrible.

First session using Indicators!

lawed:
I just opened a Demo account with a brokerage whose platform is MQ4 Forex. I never used it before. They will not answer any questions at all. I need to know where I can find a basic tutorial just to setup the platform how I want it. Example of something I can't find- how to change MA from Simple to Exponential. I have looked at the help area and cicked around the platform on my own first. I'm not embrassed to ask for help. I have to get the platform setup before I can test systems obviously.

Thanks for any help that you can give me.

lawed

Give this article a look!

http://www.metatrader.info/node/86

am new

am new in this market, i hav no experience but i will like to be like one of u guys.am still training myself with a demo account. will b lookinforward to ur assisstance tanks

Reason: