Does anybody know what this means?

in terminal, under the expert window, this message:

"Error opening SELL order: 130" what does this mean?

The worthless interbankfx will not answer my question, Don't use this broker if you don't have too. The bigger they get the worst they get.

Thanks in advance

MKH

Error 130 is "ERR_INVALID_STOPS 130 Invalid stops."

You are using a wrong stop loss value or your entry stop orders are wrong or the values are too close... usually have to be "MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL)" pips away.

Hope this helps.

I'm using a stop loss of 90, and a trailing stop of 11, is this to close to the spread? Thanks for the help!

MKH

I don't know what pair you are using. Also, are you using stop buy/sell orders for entry? Use the marketinfo function to find out what the permissible levels are.

The pair I'm using right now is "usd/jpy" 30 min chart. Would It be helpful If I sent the EA along? It's just a simple EMA Cross by codersguru, It was in his lession plan as "My_First_EA".

I tryed to add a StopLoss to it. The buy works but the sell doesn't.

Files:

Told ya... check your stops...

The sell routine in your EA looks like this

ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,3,Ask-StopLoss*Point,

Bid-TakeProfit*Point,"My EA",12345,0,Red);

The stop loss is being deducted from ask!!! with a value of 75 pips, and assuming the spread is 3 pips, the stop will be below the entry price, and that is what MT4 is complaining about.

The correct code will be

ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,3,Ask+StopLoss*Point,

Bid-TakeProfit*Point,"My EA",12345,0,Red);

Well, I thank you very much. That was it. I guess You can tell I don't know that much about programing.

Reason: