Oscillators are accurate 70%

They will handle smooth market conditions but sharp shifts in price will leave them sitting like a blind person trying to follow michael jordan.

There is only one answer I have found in foreign exchange. I have alluded to it here before. Price holding/penetrating key levels seen holding in prior hours causes the market to react. The initiators start it, and other large money follows over time. Learn to recognize it and performance will increase.

This really is a matter of total market interest.

006:
They will handle smooth market conditions but sharp shifts in price will leave them sitting like a blind person trying to follow michael jordan.

There is only one answer I have found in foreign exchange. I have alluded to it here before. Price holding/penetrating key levels seen holding in prior hours causes the market to react. The initiators start it, and other large money follows over time. Learn to recognize it and performance will increase.

Any detail explanation about this? which oscillator? it's setting? pairs? timeframe? levels? etc?

It is the 30% that will wipe out your account.

The market has become well aware of macd, and stochastic, and ema's and the rest. It pays attention to its own price agendas.

Dump all the oscillators, even the most recent and fancy ones.

The only answer is the price levels and wether or not they hold (with some give) or not.

PERIOD.

006:
It is the 30% that will wipe out your account.

The market has become well aware of macd, and stochastic, and ema's and the rest. It pays attention to its own price agendas.

Dump all the oscillators, even the most recent and fancy ones.

The only answer is the price levels and wether or not they hold (with some give) or not.

PERIOD.

So, I did. Will something like the chart image attached meets that price action, area or level, thus the direction of the market?

Files:
hama_-_pad.jpg  161 kb

006:

You are right only about 50%..

If you use oscillators for overbought/over sold conditions your right, you will be fooled a lot as they can stay overbought or oversold for a lengthy bit of time. That is what made me stop using Stochastics..

HOWEVER..

If you use them to confirm divergence.. then you will undoubtably have one of the most powerfull indicators in your toolbox. Divergence will help you spot where the money is going to go before it goes there. Momentum precedes price!!

Very nice responses, thank you.

Without divulging my approach, I will say if you're going to use oscillators the DPO is a solid and logical tool that works as a strong compliment to high/low -pivot/fractal confirmation of momentum at those areas in my opinion.

The problem with the market this month has been this horrible sudden small move followed by pffffft for hours. Then on data completely wild swings.

Traders are left wondering if they should be following to the minute or projecting ranges, which end up holding temporarily, then the breakout doesnt hold.

August has been hard on every professional I've spoken with.

Low liquidity.

FX_Sniper:

, you're hitting the nail on the head there. I have even started to look at trading the SP500 spreads/cfd's untill this clears up. The FX is currently clearly surviving only from one news event to the next with no meat in the centre to trade off, this is especially evident in the Euro/USD pair which is the pair I married some years ago and have had some lovely kids with. I was honestly contemplating devorce lately though

Good hunting !

FX Sniper

It seems as though a great many people are on vacation this August. I see low very low liquidity in the asian session as well. Though you see some action in USDJPY only due to exporters hedging etc..

Reason: