New Firebird EA - page 17

Thanks, I will do the same.

I have an idea to possibly filter out some of the trend that kills this ea. It is just an idea. I have a friend who will be working on it tomorrow evening. If it works, I will share it. It is about the only idea I have had to isolate the market conditions. Whether it works or not is yet to be seen. I will keep everybody posted on its results. Who knows, it may be a good start to tame this EA beast. I really hate to see a ton of pips in the plus just to see it give them all back plus some because of the trend.

If I knew how to program properly, I would be testing it tonight!! I hate syntax errors like unbalanced } parenthesis. I wish after 30 plus years of computer languages, compiler programmers would get one ounce better troubleshooting programming. This compiler is like the compilers I used 30 years ago. I guess the programmers in this language are good in some ways, but are very lousy in other ways.

Dave <<<

been trying to place the reverse FB with the regular FB on same pair, diffrent charts, but trades won't open both ways. any ideas why?

Help with firebird

TraderSeven:
Those are not errors but warnings.

Warnings are 100% harmless.

When compling MT4 removes all stuff that isn't used in the code automaticly.

So there is no need to take any action.

When trying to implement Firebird, i had exactly the same warnings. So ignored them. But when I added FB to a chart, I got 'Expert Firebird...is not custom indicator and will be removed'.

Guess i'm making a hash of it somewhere. But where?

Any kind soul out there to give a hand?

Appreciate your time spent

solano38:
When trying to implement Firebird, i had exactly the same warnings. So ignored them. But when I added FB to a chart, I got 'Expert Firebird...is not custom indicator and will be removed'.

Guess i'm making a hash of it somewhere. But where?

Any kind soul out there to give a hand?

Appreciate your time spent

Copy the Firebird on expert folder , not in Indicators

Anybody willing to put a filter in the Firebird 1M EA. I got the code, but I need to get somebody to include it in the Firebird EA. Do I have a volunteer. It may help eliminate trending markets. Contact me at: ddiebold@sbcglobal.net

Dave <<<

Forward testing c version. Good results so far...

I would like to see this tested. If I could code, I'd add it to the EA.

iscuba11:
Anybody willing to put a filter in the Firebird 1M EA. I got the code, but I need to get somebody to include it in the Firebird EA. Do I have a volunteer. It may help eliminate trending markets. Contact me at: ddiebold@sbcglobal.net
Dave <<<

I would like to see this tested. If I could code, I'd add it to the EA. [/QUOTE

A programmer has volunteered to add the trendstrength envelope to the program and it will close all positions if the trendstrength goes outside the envelope. Most bad moves seem to happen outside of the envelope. It is hard to define a real good filter for a contra move indicator except to limit its positions once the market starts trending in a direction. It may not be perfect, but at least it is worth testing.

Has anybody observed any other characteristics that might be used to limit contra moves on the 1 minute scale before a trend destroys the plus pips it has created?? I am not excited to see a report where the losses and gains are close to 50/50. I would rather see it 90/10 or better in forward testing. Otherwise who would want to risk their hard earned money on an iffy system?

Dave <<<

I am with you Dave 100%. I noted earlier in the thread that there was a filter to keep you out of trending markets, but not one to pull you out if you were in a position.

Perhaps the filter that you speak of could be used not only as a filter for exiting a trade, but also one for entering it.

The EA has great potential in my mind, but I agree 100% it needs further filtering in order to cut the losses.

I still think a volatility stop might be useful as well.

rogerha:
I am with you Dave 100%. I noted earlier in the thread that there was a filter to keep you out of trending markets, but not one to pull you out if you were in a position.

Perhaps the filter that you speak of could be used not only as a filter for exiting a trade, but also one for entering it.

The EA has great potential in my mind, but I agree 100% it needs further filtering in order to cut the losses.

I still think a volatility stop might be useful as well.

Unfortunately the volunteer programmer evidently could not add the filter or decided he was not a volunteer afterall?

Reason: