CCI Filter - page 15

I've checked as far as I can the indicators in this thread but could not find a double CCI crossing indicator that shows a CCI-value crossing another CCI-value. By that I mean the levels (zero, 100, -100 etc) are not relevant.

Does anyone know of such an indicator?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

I found this one that is an indicator only - as the indicator is excellent at getting reversals/exits (there is an obvious gap, big difference in CCI value, between the ‘fast’ CCI-34 and the other CCI lines), is it possible to get an alert based on this principal? The 'gap in value' would be adjustable by the user.

See illustration with signals entered on the lower indicator under the chart.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

PS

If it is NOT possible to get such an alert please let me know - thanks.

Files:
eurusdh4.png  69 kb

TEAMTRADER:
I've checked as far as I can the indicators in this thread but could not find a double CCI crossing indicator that shows a CCI-value crossing another CCI-value. By that I mean the levels (zero, 100, -100 etc) are not relevant.

Does anyone know of such an indicator?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Hi

Try this indicator(only ex4), not sure if it matches with your description!

Files:

Thanks but I already have that one and tried it.

The benefit of the indicator I posted is that it has 3 CCI and the fast one is the measure of o/b and o/s as measured against the slower ones.

It should be possible to get an alert based on my previous post #143 but the coders will know if it cannot be done.

Thanks for the time.

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
Thanks but I already have that one and tried it.

The benefit of the indicator I posted is that it has 3 CCI and the fast one is the measure of o/b and o/s as measured against the slower ones.

It should be possible to get an alert based on my previous post #143 but the coders will know if it cannot be done.

Thanks for the time.

TEAMTRADER

Hi Teamtrader,

Not sure what happened but for some reason your attachment didn't attach.

Hi MrTools,

Here it is again - don't why it did not take the first time.

The post in 143 covers the theory so I'd appreciate your comments on its viability. Reversals and retracements have a higher probabity of being deteced and the early warning of a reversal is a great tool for anyone's arsenal.

Regards

TEAMTRADER

Files:

i love this indicator version of cci and i have been using it for a while but i cant seem to get it to work with the new mt4 version 574. i have inserted it into the MQL4/indicators folder but it doesnt still appear in ma indicator window or anywhere else...... can some one pls help out.

jojoey2x:
i love this indicator version of cci and i have been using it for a while but i cant seem to get it to work with the new mt4 version 574. i have inserted it into the MQL4/indicators folder but it doesnt still appear in ma indicator window or anywhere else...... can some one pls help out.

jojoey2x

If you are referring to the indicator posted by teamtrader, this is what I got in build 603 without any changes in the code - so it seems that there is no problem with it (unless it is a problem with the build 574) :

Files:
3_cci.gif  40 kb

TEAMTRADER:
Hi MrTools,

Here it is again - don't why it did not take the first time.

The post in 143 covers the theory so I'd appreciate your comments on its viability. Reversals and retracements have a higher probabity of being deteced and the early warning of a reversal is a great tool for anyone's arsenal.

Regards

TEAMTRADER

Teamtrader, I think it can be done just haven't figured out exactly how to di it yet.

thanx mladen

Reason: