Equity EA Anyone? - page 7

I've added pending orders delete and alert options:

CloseMode: 0 - Close All orders(open and pending),1-close only open orders

AlertMode: Alert mode: 0-off,1-on

i try it , close everyting beside pending order.

great , thank you very much.

NewDigital, thanks for your comments.

And Igorad? If i could give you a hug i would ! Thanks much. Will begin my demo test this week.

[[[[[ Igorad ]]]]]]

Cheers,

Thom

This is a Post Edit during the Asian session on the 23rd, the EA has performed perfectly. Closing all orders as coded. Thank you again!

igorad:
I've added pending orders delete and alert options:

CloseMode: 0 - Close All orders(open and pending),1-close only open orders

AlertMode: Alert mode: 0-off,1-on

Equity Trail?

Hi Igorad, I am still using this ea and thanks for the updates.

Sometimes when a hedge order gets out of control I like to open two positions opposite to the original hedge to protect the account.

I am wondering if you have ever considered having a trailing stop on the equity itself.

The only other time I have seen this feature is in a version of MakeGrid.

Another feature which I could probably add myself is the ability of the ea to recognise an "order comment" to assist in management of manually entered trades.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Hi,

there are not problems with recognition of comments. I'll make this option shortly. But you could use scripts for opening of orders with Magic Number.

I've uploaded 2 scripts for this purpose.

Could you give me more info about trailing stop on the equity?

waltini:
Hi Igorad, I am still using this ea and thanks for the updates.

Sometimes when a hedge order gets out of control I like to open two positions opposite to the original hedge to protect the account.

I am wondering if you have ever considered having a trailing stop on the equity itself.

The only other time I have seen this feature is in a version of MakeGrid.

Another feature which I could probably add myself is the ability of the ea to recognise an "order comment" to assist in management of manually entered trades.

Files:

waltini:
...Sometimes when a hedge order gets out of control I like to open two positions opposite to the original hedge to protect the account.

I am wondering if you have ever considered having a trailing stop on the equity itself...

HI waltini, The first part of your post makes sense to me...i think? So you are "averaging in" or "cost averaging" of sorts and wish orders to be generated at set areas? I.E. currency goes against us -50 pips in a Long trade so we generate another buy order -50 pips south of our original entry? Maybe i've missed your point.

Then on the second part about the "order comment" i'm totaly lost as the the meaning/purpose. Can you elaborate?

Thank you in advance.

: ) Thom

igorad:
Hi,

there are not problems with recognition of comments. I'll make this option shortly. But you could use scripts for opening of orders with Magic Number.

I've uploaded 2 scripts for this purpose.

Could you give me more info about trailing stop on the equity?

Sorry to sound stupid but...... How do you open an order with a script and can you open an order with a script and have a trainilg stop?

Trailing Equity Stop

Hi Igorad,

The trailing equity feature I have seen is in the attached MakeGrid EA(lines 313 and 453) from the SBFX forum. It works in the same way as a trailing stop. For example once equity reaches $100 the equity trail commences and trails by $20. If the equity drops back to $80 it closes all positions. If the equity continues to climb to say $200, the equity stop will have modified or moved to $180.

I hope this helps.

waltini

Files:

Hi accrete

Hi accrete,

I hesitate to give advice as this all new to me but my understanding of how an expert advisor works is it needs to recognise its own trades and usually assigns a magic number to its trades. You can"t give a manually entered order a magic number.

Another way an ea can recognise trades is by "order comment" which is usually assigned by the ea but can be assigned when you place a manual trade.

At the moment the MultiPosition ea can be used on trades with a magic number or operate on all trades. With the order comment feature you can place trades manually with a "comment" and the expert will monitor these trades only and leave your other ea generated trades alone.

Igorad has already pointed out that a magic number can be assigned to a manual trade using a script, so I am partly wrong. I have never used a script.

Reason: