How to partial close an open position..... - page 2

Hi

I have the same Question...

Somebody knows how I can manually close partially a position?

partial close!

colbru:
Hi

I have the same Question...

Somebody knows how I can manually close partially a position?

1- Righ click the order you want to close and from the context menu choose "Close Order".

2- In the window which will appear set the Volumeyou want to close:

For example if you have an 2 Lot buy order and want to close 1 Lot of it use set Volumeto 1.

Close partial trade in profit

Hello All, I remember seeing an EA here but can't find it now that would monitor your trades and close partials of a trade in profit at a certain amounts.

Example: I open one trade of 5 lots, now when price moves 50pips close 1lot of it off at 50 pips profit and leave the remaining 4. Now if price moves another 50pips in profit close another 1lot leaving 3, so on and so on until all trade is closed off.

Do you know where this type of Trailing EA would be?

Thanks

May be Swiss Army https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176995 but I am not sure.

Or check this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173000 and this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173421

Taking partial profit

How is this best done?

Example:

I have bought 0.4 lots of EURUSD. Assume all goes according to plan and the dollar continues to fall. At a predetermined level I want to take home half, 0.2 lots. Is the only way to do this to place a OP_BUYSTOP at the same time I place the initial order (or sometimes after)? For the rest of the order I want to place a trailing stop but I do not want to do that before the first half has been taken. When I get into the routine of setting the trailing stop I need to know if the first half has been taken. How do I get that information? Global variables seems to be a possible solution but it is not very elegant.

Stay cool. Like the other side of the pillow.

ingvar_e:
How is this best done?

Example:

I have bought 0.4 lots of EURUSD. Assume all goes according to plan and the dollar continues to fall. At a predetermined level I want to take home half, 0.2 lots. Is the only way to do this to place a OP_BUYSTOP at the same time I place the initial order (or sometimes after)? For the rest of the order I want to place a trailing stop but I do not want to do that before the first half has been taken. When I get into the routine of setting the trailing stop I need to know if the first half has been taken. How do I get that information? Global variables seems to be a possible solution but it is not very elegant.

Stay cool. Like the other side of the pillow.

If your lotsize is fixed, not using MM or something, that's easier.

//globar var

extern int Lots = 0.4;

//you can add code below to your loop

if(OrderLots()!=Lots/2) CloseHalf();

if(OrderLots()==Lots/2) trailingstop();

Well, I think you understand with what I mean.

Hope this helps

Devil2000:
If your lotsize is fixed, not using MM or something, that's easier.

//globar var

extern int Lots = 0.4;

//you can add code below to your loop

if(OrderLots()!=Lots/2) CloseHalf();

if(OrderLots()==Lots/2) trailingstop();

Well, I think you understand with what I mean.

Hope this helps

Yes thanks, I was thinking along these lines. A simple solution could be to put in 2 orders and separate them with the help of "Comment". A bit more expensive due to transaction costs.

Regards

Ingvar

ingvar_e:
Yes thanks, I was thinking along these lines. A simple solution could be to put in 2 orders and separate them with the help of "Comment". A bit more expensive due to transaction costs.

Regards

Ingvar

Hmm.. I think the cost is remain the same. 4 pips spread for 0.4 lots and 2x0.2 lots are exactly the same in term of $$.

Devil2000:
Hmm.. I think the cost is remain the same. 4 pips spread for 0.4 lots and 2x0.2 lots are exactly the same in term of $$.

You are right. I think I will go that way.

- no longer required thanks

Thanks

Archie

Reason: