Monthly Average Equity Growth

Hi

I would like to know how what's your monthly average equity growth (aprox).

No matter if you are using EAs or trade manually. No matter what kind of money management are you using.

I am doing this because I've heard a lot of traders saying that they are doing 2-3% monthly and they are very happy about it. I think a good trader should make more than that. How are you doing?

Please vote.

Thank you.

I am doing this because I've heard a lot of traders saying that they are doing 2-3% monthly and they are very happy about it. I think a good trader should make more than that. How are you doing?

IMHO, I wouldn't be supprised to learn that 2-6% average per month over a long timeframe is the norm for the majority of "successful" traders.

Although, I have no doubt that one may be able to actually exceed that, I'm suspect that such results will only come with acquiring the necessary experience to make discretionary judgement calls, through actively being in the markets a long time and I mean a long time.

To be direct, I have yet to see any automated and/or machanical system earn more than 1-3% when backtested and tested live over a very long period. Ofcourse you will get occasionally, mega months where you gain huge when trading a given system, but I've personally find that such months are often far and few between when looked at hollistically over a very long time frame (Essentially the big picture).

Back on your topic, I do not feel I have done enough real trades to make a meaningful conclusion pertaining to my monthly gain figures, however to answer your question, at the moment it is about 1-2% a month. If including Managed Accounts I've put my money in to date, 2-3% a month Before Tax

Hi TyphoonTycoon,

Thank you for the feedback.

BTW, I forgot to mention, I'm talking about real live accounts and NOT demo accounts. Please don't post demo results. There is a big difference in trader's emotions.

Thank you for your votes.

I'm waiting for more of you to vote.

Like -10 % .

Where are the negative number choices?

ES

10% monthly is reasonable gain in Forex?

Hello

I am 2 years of Forex and this is my forum,

reference. Thanks to all.

I think this should be seen as a profession. And be

a professional of something, it takes 3, 4 or more years.

By so, all the patience that still do not earn $.

I would ask one thing:

As one might consider a reasonable gain in Forex?

10% monthly ... 15, 20?

Those who already earn ... as percentage gain in

average?

Thanks in advance.

I9Forex.com

afernandes:
Hello

I am 2 years of Forex and this is my forum,

reference. Thanks to all.

I think this should be seen as a profession. And be

a professional of something, it takes 3, 4 or more years.

By so, all the patience that still do not earn $.

I would ask one thing:

As one might consider a reasonable gain in Forex?

10% monthly ... 15, 20?

Those who already earn ... as percentage gain in

average?

Thanks in advance.

I9Forex.com

In trading is so hard to predict returns using dates. Sometimes during 6 months market is going to nowhere and you can't make a penny. And one day the market falls 600 pips in a day and you make 200% of your account.

I believe is better to think in ROI averages without time.

10% average no matter of time. Then another 10% and so on.

hi

that's right , good performance and stable , this's we r looking for

I voted for option 10-50%. IMO you need to be a full time trader to achieve anything more than 5%.

My recommendation is to pick few good systems of different Timeframes and take only the best case scenario trades. Keep practicing them for few months and I am sure you will see the light. Also I found that keeping a journal helps and sharing it with others is also a good idea.

Regards,

FirePips

FirePips:
I voted for option 10-50%. IMO you need to be a full time trader to achieve anything more than 5%.

My recommendation is to pick few good systems of different Timeframes and take only the best case scenario trades. Keep practicing them for few months and I am sure you will see the light. Also I found that keeping a journal helps and sharing it with others is also a good idea.

Regards,

FirePips

Not necessarily a full time trader, just VERY good money management.

Reason: