Need help to modify Heiken Ashi indicator - page 4

re-painting

Zeroz,

Regarding re-painting in indicators like H.A. Is there any suprize? The logic in such an indicator is that it will average the past x number of bars and compare it with current bar price changes. If there is sufficient change...the candle will change color, at that moment. However, if the candle has not closed yet, it may indeed fluctuate from Red to White if price is moving up and down just near the border of where the logic decides (Up or down candle).

Once the candle has closed, there isnt any reason for the color to again change.

If it changes after the close..thats a problem in my view, but I see nothing unusual with multiple changes before the candle closes.

I may have miss-understood your post...if so..plz just disregard my post..No offence meant.

MTF HA repainting

zeroz:
From what I can see, the Heiken Ashi indicators either repaint the past or do not refresh. I checked this morning and the 60m was just changing into red on USDCHF. When I switched from the 30m chart to the 60m then back to the 30m the indicator repainted to show the past four in addition to the present bar as being red.

I'll keep testing, could just be a problem with the MTF indicator, but not with the Heiken Ashi logic.

Edit: I'm referring to the Heiken Ashi MTF indicator, not the DPO and OsMA posted above.

Zeros, although I seldom switch chart from one TF to another, I did notice some inconsistencies in the bar colors, i.e. repaint. However, if you are on M30 and look at M60, M15 or other TF chart, the HA bars on those TFs are reflected on the MTF HA bars on M30. Personally, I am only interested on really seeing the last 4 or more bars in each time period on the MTF indicator. Let's keep watching it. It my just be too much red and white bars glaring at our eyes.

efex2:
Regarding re-painting in indicators like H.A. Is there any suprize? The logic in such an indicator is that it will average the past x number of bars and compare it with current bar price changes. If there is sufficient change...the candle will change color, at that moment. However, if the candle has not closed yet, it may indeed fluctuate from Red to White if price is moving up and down just near the border of where the logic decides (Up or down candle).

Once the candle has closed, there isnt any reason for the color to again change.

If it changes after the close..thats a problem in my view, but I see nothing unusual with multiple changes before the candle closes.

I may have miss-understood your post...if so..plz just disregard my post..No offence meant.

efex2, thanks for your explanation on how the real HA candles/bars are formed. The usual repainting issues most of the time are on those MTF indicators.

Enjoy!

fxcruiser

PS. I will be starting a new thread to discuss the Heiken Ashi - HAMA PAD trading approach I use. I would appreciate everbody's participation and contribution to improve it. Gracias!

iscuba11:
Igor, can you put an alert / alarm in the indicator to go off when there is a color change???

Even better yet, an option that will trigger an alarm when their are x number of same color bars in a row?? I would be happy with the first request if the second request is too much to code.

Thanks you in advance!!! I really like this indicator!

Dave

<<<

Hi,

Heiken Ashi(separate window) with sound alert is ready to use.

Files:

Ah, yea... dont know why that didn't hit me sooner. I just didn't understand the logic behind how the heiken ashi worked. Scrap that idea then.

igorad:
Hi, Heiken Ashi(separate window) with sound alert is ready to use.

Thanks for this, but could you put an alert on the v2 of this indicator. I would like to have a long term alarm on a short term graph.

Dave <<<

igorad:
Hi, Heiken Ashi(separate window) with sound alert is ready to use.

Igorad,

Thanks again for usual unselfish contribution to this TSD community. Is it possible also to put a sound/pop up text and arrow alert on the Heiken Ashi MA attached? Thanks in advance.

fxcruiser

mtf Heiken Ashi (histo) cw, sw is on this page https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574

Heikin Ashi Variation

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to write as a Custom Indicator, a modified Heikin Ashi with Meta Trader.

What I am wanting to look at is a 5 day week and not a 6 day week.

To achieve this I need to include the Sunday session (4 hours) with the Friday session (22 hours) as one bar.

Thanks

Zooming Heiken Ashi

Can we view heiken ashi candle when we zoom in/out like we view the original candle.

I usually use heiken ashi indicator with nonlagma, perhaps somebody can modify this indicator to show nice heiken ashi candle when we zoom in/out the chart.

Files:
heiken_1.gif  15 kb
heiken_2.gif  20 kb
heiken_3.gif  12 kb
heiken1.mq4  4 kb
nonlagv3.mq4  3 kb

belidax:
Can we view heiken ashi candle when we zoom in/out like we view the original candle. I usually use heiken ashi indicator with nonlagma, perhaps somebody can modify this indicator to show nice heiken ashi candle when we zoom in/out the chart.

Post moved to HA development thread.

Reason: