EMA CROSS upgrade...coders guru please help - page 2

huhenyo:
Here is the EA I've been working on for awhile now. Try it out and see what you think. I'll post two versions. The 1.1 version only trades with the signal. The 1.2 verions trades with the signal during less volitile times and opposite the signal during the more volitile times with a traling stop only if the movement after the signal is such to warrent it. Have fun. Let me know what you think Huhenyo

a couple of things I don't understand in your logics on these...please clarify

1- the barspread parameter. what exactly is this doing in the program, does this limit the entry of trades as a condition of entry or limit trades once they are open? I don't understand what this is about.

2- I only see one definable EMA period. This makes me wonder what is generating the signal. Is this EMA period interacting with the close or the open or what exactly? In the other program it's possible to define each of a short and a long EMA period to define what generates the signal. Please clarify what is generating the signal in this that is user definable?

since I can't see what's happening in this it's hard to discect with my limited programming knowledge. All I can evaluate is its report, graph and results output from the tester. Based on that only, it's got alot of conflict to resolve before it would profitable. I can see it's hitting it's stop loss ALOT that is the primary cause of drawdown which tells me that something is amis in the entry.

on the positive side I think your scalping control is interesting

The answer to some of your problems

Aaragorn,

First of all, the last two losses on the tester in this case mean nothing. All it is saying is that when the tester closed that is where the positions were. I wouldn't worry at all about a loss when it says, "close at stop". the only time that the "close at stop" really means anything is when you don't have any stoploss of any kind. Also, I would note that if you have been running your demo account for a couple of weeks, it would be good to just take the last couple of weeks (2) and run the tester. This will give you a modeling quality of 90%. If you want more results than this, you really need to download the data from Aplari.

As far as scaling the lots based on margin, the program already does that, but the default setting has the money management set to false. All you have to do to make it work and to see the risk parameter take effect is to make sure the MM and AccountIsMicro are set to true.

To answer your question about the time parameter, if you want it to trade all day you will need to set the start hour to 0 and the stop hour to 23.

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but I wouldn't get excited about any strategy tester results especially when the modeling quality is 30%. I wouldn't only get excited when I saw forward testing on a demo account results.

New version of the other I'm working on

Have a try at this updated EA that I've been working on. To let you know how it works, the barspread is how many pips difference there has to be between the High and the low of the current bar. What the EA does is once the difference between the high and the low is >= to the barspread it looks for a retracement when the bid or ask moves above or below the open. Once that happens, then it checks to see if the MAs are all moving in the same direction as the signal (the MAs are just a filter, they play no role in the generating a signal). A trade is opened when that criteria is met. Now, in this new version I've taken out the scalp control because now I'm going for 30 pips and I don't need the scalp control anymore. It also must be noted that from 7:00 a.m GMT to 15:00 the EA does the reverse of the generated signal.

Anyway, here it is. It is set up to be tested on a standard account. It's best if you start with 10,000.

sorry

My attachment didn't make it. Here it is.

Files:

Hmmmm

I took a closer look at your backtesting results and noticed that you are only using the trailing stop option. Have you tried changing the stoploss option to true? If you really don't want to use a stoploss, then I could incorporate your ideas from your previous post into the EA, but if you can use the stoploss and still be profitable, the implementation of your last post wont be necessary. Let me know what you think. To use a stoploss all you have to do is double click where it says stoploss "false" and change it to true.

sorry for all the posts

Now, I haven't yet looked at the other program that you got your idea for you last post from, but I'm just thinking that if you just turn the stoploss to true and set it to 50 or so it would keep those stray positions from losing too much because it would close a stray position if it became that stray.

Let me know what you think before I proceed. I'm glad that you are happy with my additions. I'm sorry that I haven't replied lately, I've been pretty busy.

Oh, and since your backtests didn't use a stoploss, those "close at stop" losses at the end of the program are real and we will need to take care of them, but it seems that you already figured that out. I just wanted to clarify it because I don't think I made it clear in my post about the backtester's "close at stop" post.

Huhenyo

Man, I'm sorry about all the posts

I think someone asked what TF and pairs on the EAs that I'm working on. Well, for the last one that I posted, the TF is H1. Use the default settings on Eur/$, change TP to 35 on $/CHF, and for Aud/$ change barspread to 7 but leave everything else default. I haven't found profitable settings on any other pairs yet.

Huhenyo

unnecessary post

unnecessary post

unnecessary post

Reason: