EMA cross over indicator Alert!!! - page 4

mrtools:
Hi Jerci, Have this one posted it earlier in this thread but seems it got lost.

Dose anyone know how the inputs FastMaShift , FastMa Price and SlowMaShift , SlowMaPrice work, what they do?Settings.

Cheers Kiwipride

kiwipride:
Dose anyone know how the inputs FastMaShift , FastMa Price and SlowMaShift , SlowMaPrice work, what they do?Settings. Cheers Kiwipride

Kiwipride, for fast and slow ma shift a number greater than zero will shift the moving average that many bars forward, and a number less than zero will move the moving average that many bars back. The fast and slow price you have 6 choices 0= close price(C),1=open price,2=high price(H),3=low price(L),4=median price(HL/2),5=typical price(HLC/3), and 6=weighted close(HLCC/4).

Hello MrTools, pls help to add option of alert on current bar on this indicator.I prefer this one than sidus v3.

Thanks in advance.

Files:
sidus-ema.mq4  8 kb

mrtools:
Kiwipride, for fast and slow ma shift a number greater than zero will shift the moving average that many bars forward, and a number less than zero will move the moving average that many bars back. The fast and slow price you have 6 choices 0= close price(C),1=open price,2=high price(H),3=low price(L),4=median price(HL/2),5=typical price(HLC/3), and 6=weighted close(HLCC/4).

Thanks mrtools , is there a way for the alert to happen when the fast ema crosses the slow ema by a number of pips?

Cheers Kiwipride

Hello MrTools, pls can you kindly help to add alerts to this indicator, with the option of current bar/closed bar. I know there might be better coded Ema cross, but I prefer this one.

Thanks in advance.

emmany4:
Hello MrTools, pls can you kindly help to add alerts to this indicator, with the option of current bar/closed bar. I know there might be better coded Ema cross, but I prefer this one. Thanks in advance.

emmany4

That indicator uses future values for calculation - ie : repaints. Better not to use in alerting/signaling mode

mladen:
emmany4 That indicator uses future values for calculation - ie : repaints. Better not to use in alerting/signaling mode

Hello mladen, i am aware that it repaints i only need it to alert me ahead of the other indicator am using to filter it signals. Please i will be grateful if you can help me this once.

Thanks in advance.

How is it going to alert you ahead if it repaints?

morro:
How is it going to alert you ahead if it repaints?

It doesn't actually repaints if you change the price values of the slowerMA values to 1 but the signals may be wrong. The main indicator that i use, shows too many signals so i will prefer to use the alert signal of the Ema cross to stabilize the main indicator signals.

Thanks for the concern.

emmany4:
It doesn't actually repaints if you change the price values of the slowerMA values to 1 but the signals may be wrong. The main indicator that i use, shows too many signals so i will prefer to use the alert signal of the Ema cross to stabilize the main indicator signals. Thanks for the concern.

emmany4

Any indicator using future values repaints. There is no exception for that. So be careful when using that indicator

Reason: