EMA 12/89 system - page 2

freemann:
Hello first thank you to share your system with us.But i still have a few questions please:

the EMAS 12/89 cross is ONLY for USD/GBP? or any pair?

Time frame MUST be 15 minutes charts? or another time frame?

When to exit? and stoploss?

I will be thankful if you explain this,thanks alot

Oh, you can use whatever pair you prefer, i prefer gbpusd.

I think 15 min is most profitable, in 30min we came into trade to late.

Exit is next ema cross.

Stoploss could be 40 pip in not trending days

MA crosses, when traded by themselves and purely mechanically, DON'T WORK.

I guarantee you that every MA cross under the sun has been tested using programs with a much more sophisticated backtester than MT (Tradestation, Metastock, custom programs, etc.) and using tick data (not the crap we're forced to use with MT). NONE of them are long-termprofitable. It's as simple as that.

Don't bother trying to find the magic combination. It doesn't exist. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but this is just how it is.

Keris

keris2112:
MA crosses, when traded by themselves and purely mechanically, DON'T WORK.

I guarantee you that every MA cross under the sun has been tested using programs with a much more sophisticated backtester than MT (Tradestation, Metastock, custom programs, etc.) and using tick data (not the crap we're forced to use with MT). NONE of them are long-termprofitable. It's as simple as that.

Don't bother trying to find the magic combination. It doesn't exist. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but this is just how it is.

Keris

I have tested ema cross for stocks, bonds and so on for several years. Yes ema cross is lagging, but on gbpusd we have big moves up and down, i think it may work here. We need an correct ema12/89 cross ea and running backtest for some years to verify my thoughts.

What differs good traders from poor ones are money management, if we could have this ea with good money management it would be a good ea.

jorgeng:
Oh, you can use whatever pair you prefer, i prefer gbpusd.

I think 15 min is most profitable, in 30min we came into trade to late.

Exit is next ema cross.

Stoploss could be 40 pip in not trending days

Thanks so much for answering my questions, it was very helpful.I can thank you again and say your system works.I tested it now and made +10 pips.Thanks again.

I tried before WMA5/WMA20 on a 30 minutes chart it did not work.On 15 minutes chart tooooooooo noisy alot in and out .<thanks again a million

Quote:

Originally Posted by sovo1970

if possible add an email alert as well when crossing..

Jorgeng. this is base on strato , correct??

Email-alert is good but than i have to sleep with my pc since trades happens

when i sleep.

I know strato use ema12/89 but it hasn't anything to do with his strategy, as he says he has just put together the indicators and he use 5 min, this is 15 min.

Jorgeng,

What I mean was, with an email alert we can forward it to our cell phone. So, when the emas cross, it alerts us and we can monitor it.

Reason: