Running Multiple Instances of MT4 - page 3

sanlorenzo:
The purpose is to run multiple (parallel) foward tests on new EA's as quickly as possible.

Yep, you are right! I tought there was some trading logic behind it:)

sanlorenzo:
Ok - what I do is this;

1) shut down MT4

2) copy your existing MT4 folder (call it MT4A or something like that).

3) start MT4 from the copied folder, and create or login to the new account, or just logout of the account/s normally traded by the original installation of mt4.

4) create a shortcut such as mt4a (so you dont get confused about which is which later).

and thats it... you should now be able to run 2 copies of mt4 on different accounts, with the same (or different) broker.

This is indeed the best method to run parallel instances of MT4 at the same time in order to test different strategies.

I would like to run the multiple instances off of the same source for all indicators.

1 indicator folder, several MT4 running on the 1 folder.

Does anyone know if this is possible, and how?

Thanks for the help.

Running Multiple Accounts from Metatrader 4.0 ???

I have just been asked this question but haven't received all of the different account info yet so that I can test the entire idea myself . . . So, the question is:

If you had multiple broker accounts residing inside different windows directories and wanted to use just one computer to trade all of them, will metatrader 4.0 permit multiple instances of metatrader to execute safely on the same computer at the same time? What might be the limiting factors in accomplishing this?

Thanks.

Oooops!! I just saw that the same question (same thread title) was asked on 06-05-2006 by fljpop, so please disregard my question unless you have different information than was supplied to fljpop.

Reason: