Discovering Strategies : StrataSearch 3.01....Free 30 days trial

Hi to all FX-plorers

Today, an info about a program which at last, seems very promising....

http://www.stratasearch.com/home.html

StrataSearch is software for individual traders that automatically generates powerful trading systems with the click of a button.

Using over 2,500 prebuilt trading rules and a flexible scoring algorithm, StrataSearch continuously creates new and unique trading strategies, evaluates and optimizes them, and combines them into a self-improving multi-system.

You simply click Start. Since all parts of the process are configurable, you can create your own trading rules, adjust the scoring algorithm, define the sectors to be included, and more. The trading strategies themselves can include many helpful features, including over 150 technical analysis formulas, sector and index evaluations, custom market breadth indicators, historical fundamental data analysis, and more.

StrataSearch also includes a host of supporting features, including stunning 3-D charts for standard bars, Candlesticks, Renko, Equivolume, Kagi, Point and Figure and others. The powerful Screener lets you filter and rank stocks for a given day according to your own criteria. And the Portfolio Manager may be one of the best in the business, providing over 75 performance numbers and 20 charts.

StrataSearch also operates at unprecedented speed, capable of evaluating 10 years of daily price data for 200 stocks in just 2.5 seconds. If you were evaluating a single symbol, StrataSearch can build and evaluate over 1.5 million strategies in a single day using a modest 2.5 GHz computer.

The unrestricted 30-day trial provides a simple tutorial allowing you to begin an exhaustive search with just a few clicks.

New Software Searches for Trading Strategies Automatically

Setting the stage for a new round of investment software packages, Avarin Systems today announced the release of StrataSearch, a technical analysis software package that searches for trading strategies automatically. “This package is very different from the optimization software that’s out there now,” says company president Peter Rast. “Rather than focusing the processing efforts on improving existing strategies, StrataSearch instead provides the tools to identify completely new strategies.” Indeed, StrataSearch is one of the only software programs available that performs such a broad, automated search.

Traders in search of trading strategies have previously had few options. They could devote their effort toward developing and testing their own trading ideas, a slow and manual process, or they could purchase an existing trading strategy from another source, an option that often costs thousands of dollars and comes with no guarantee of success. StrataSearch now provides a new option: traders can let their computers find new trading strategies for them.

To begin an automated search, users first set a few basic configurations on the type of search desired. After pressing OK, the search begins. Evaluating 10 years of historical price data on 200 stocks per evaluation, a potential trading strategy is created and run at a speed of about one per second. Although the CPU is pegged at 100% usage, the program runs in the background and has minimal effect on other programs operating simultaneously. Such utilization is not without its share of issues. “We’ve had some incidents,” recalls Rast. “One of our testers had previously disabled his CPU fan due to the noise. If he had not been paying attention, he could easily have melted a hole in his motherboard.” Most users, however, will appreciate the full utilization.

Once StrataSearch has begun the automated search, users are free to leave their computers and come back hours, days or even weeks later to check the results. Avarin Systems cautions that the process is not as simple as quickly checking for winners however, as users still need to sort through the results and determine which strategies work best for them according to their own priorities. Toward this end, the program runs a separate Detailed Analysis that provides a significant amount of information in evaluating the benefits, as well as risks, of each trading strategy.

In addition to common charting capabilities, StrataSearch provides a host of unique features. For example, the program can evaluate Sectors (frequently referred to as Industry Groups) alongside individual securities, allowing strategies to take into account the performance of a security’s Sector in addition to the security itself. As well, the package can schedule the distribution of daily buy and sell signals for automatic delivery to email recipients, or upload them to a configurable webpage as needed.

Personal computers are now operating at blazing speeds, and investors are continually looking for new ways to maximize and capitalize on this power. StrataSearch, with its revolutionary automation and unique features, leads the way into a new generation of investment software packages.

Personal NOTE ( De Vinci ) :

I have just started to test / use this program, with Daily Forex data from C.S.I. ( look at :

http://www.tradingblox.com/tradingblox/free-historical-data.htm

http://www.tradingblox.net/Data/DataOnly.zip

You just have to create a small FOREX file containing the filenames of the FX pairs you want to use :

DR^0000$ = GBP-CHF

DR90000$ = GBP-JPY

AD40000$ = AUD-JPY

AD60000$ = AUD-USD

AD70000$ = AUD-CAD

EU10000$ = EUR-AUD

EU20000$ = EUR-CAD

EU50000$ = EUR-JPY

EU60000$ = EUR-CHF

EU70000$ = EUR-GBP

EU90000$ = EUR-USD

QE}0000$ = USD-CHF

QE20000$ = USD-CAD

QE90000$ = USD-JPY

QF40000$ = GBP-USD

Good testing / discovering....

Some FeedBAck from testers would be Greatly appreciated...

I have some ideas, for example :

When / if a GOOD strategy ( valid on years ) is found, the possibility to convert it in MT 4 EA....

Bye

DV

Good testing / discovering....

Some FeedBAck from testers would be Greatly appreciated...

I have some ideas, for example :

When / if a GOOD strategy ( valid on years ) is found, the possibility to convert it in MT 4 EA....

Bye

DV

Very interesting. Do you know more about the way of optimization- Neural Nets, Genetic Algorithmics, no overfitting? Would be great you would show us the results of your testing!

haubentaucher

haubentaucher:

Very interesting. Do you know more about the way of optimization- Neural Nets, Genetic Algorithmics, no overfitting? Would be great you would show us the results of your testing!

haubentaucher

Hi HAUBENTAUCHER

Well, as soon as possible, I shall give some infos about my testing sessions / results ( hoping it will be interesting... )

Thanks for Your reply

Regards

DV

De Vinci:
Hi HAUBENTAUCHER

Well, as soon as possible, I shall give some infos about my testing sessions / results ( hoping it will be interesting... )

Thanks for Your reply

Regards

DV

Nice!

and about neural ? any uuse on this program?

We can make this build in for MT4.

Data mining to find trading strategies maybe a good idea, but I am scared of it. It sounds like over optimizing the past data.

There is a system called "fun with numbers" on the wealthlab site. Check it out. An able programmer named Giorgio coded it. It just looks in the past and tries to come up with winning combinations. However, he warns that it is curve fitting and maybe hazardous to your financial health.

Just thought I will take the contrarian approach here when everyone is looking for these successful systems.

Maji

thanks alot

hey

thnx for the program

Problems

I can't keep the program open for any length of time. It gives me database errors then shuts down. Plus, I don't see any intraday charts.

Ducati:
I can't keep the program open for any length of time. It gives me database errors then shuts down. Plus, I don't see any intraday charts.

Hi Ducati

This program doesn't work on intraday charts....

I have started to test it on FOREX daily charts....

Bye

DV

Reason: