Elliot Wave EA - page 3

Backtest performance

tiger_wong:
Hello forum..

I try to add function to limit one trade per candle as request at previous post.

The parameter is "UseTick" . If it set to false, then EA will take care the position after the signal candle is finished.

Btw, I see the code for indicator is using running candle. It means when indicator is still not fixed, EA already open position. For this problem, I add "shift" parameter . Set this to "1" if we want to use the fixed candle, other wise leave it to "0".

I try to backtest for a short time, the result is better if we use Shift = 1

Dear Tiger.

COuld u tell me how to let more position open on this EA, so far only 2 position open

Thank you

regards

Kairen

looking good

this looks like a good ea i will help forward test

tiger_wong:
Hello forum..

I try to add function to limit one trade per candle as request at previous post.

The parameter is "UseTick" . If it set to false, then EA will take care the position after the signal candle is finished.

Btw, I see the code for indicator is using running candle. It means when indicator is still not fixed, EA already open position. For this problem, I add "shift" parameter . Set this to "1" if we want to use the fixed candle, other wise leave it to "0".

Hi Tiger Wong..

Can you add on magic number on it?

tiger_wong:
Hello forum..

tiger,

what are your settings?

thanks,

evaluator

hello all

Any update for this EAs?

Help on elliot wave ea

elliot wave is my strategy on forex and i think i have a clue about it.But amn looking for a programmer who can program the ew to show even the numbers.the guy who program zizag in mt4 did a fine thing but it needs some small adjustment and that can work as ew clue.is there any one who can program the ew that will display numbers just like the arrows shown on zigzag?

I also feel that elliott wave is a great trading stratagy and would like the updated ea robot if any,

Thanks

Iam testing version 1 on eur/usd on 1h and 30 min charts and will post my result tomorrow if any, lol

about this ElliotWave EA

It is however important to know and understand ... that .. this EA is not based on Elliotwaves ... it uses an Oscillator similar to MACD which is by no means even closer what elliotwave is ( 100% price action ).... The only reason it is called an Elliotwave EA is because the Oscillator's name is Elliotwave OSCillator which is again not true as elliotwave doesn't require any oscillators and there is no way to find the count with this oscillator..

-guyver

What happened look at my Results

2011-06-05_1850 - drlobo's library

Its the complete opposite of what I what to happen.

How do I change this ?

Many thanks

Back Testing

I am wondering how to back test this EA. I can get into the back testing part for the EA but I don't know which values I am suppose to check. On my other EA that I have the calibration is a 2 part process and take about 5 minutes. Is there some place I can watch it or can someone please explain it. Thanks for your help

Reason: