ZigZag Details and Settings.

I'd really like to understand ZigZag a lot better.

Can anyone point me at a web page that has a detailed explanation of how ZigZag works or can anyone give me a detailed explanation of the 3 settings in ZigZag?

Thanks in advance.

KaMpeR:

Can anyone point me at a web page that has a detailed explanation of how ZigZag works or can anyone give me a detailed explanation of the 3 settings in ZigZag?

Thanks in advance.

You may check this thread:

- How it was coded (zigzag indicator);

Besides there are some other threads related to zigzag indicator:

- Channel Trading Systems;

- Zigzag;

- Zigzag indicators for MT4;

- What is zigzag?;

- Zigzag Trading System development, MT3;

- Zigzag Trading System development, MT3 EAs;

- DayImpulse indicators;

- Some new indicators from the author of Zigzag Tradin Systems and Goldwarrior EA (SilverWarrior and so on);

- two interesting zigzag indicators;

- Step Zigzag and Step Zigzag with alert;

- very simple zigzag trading system with multitimeframe fractal indicator;

- Fractal Zigzag EA (MT3);

- many EAs (MT4 and MT3) based on Zigzag Trading systems.

Hope you will find something.

KaMpeR:

Thanks in advance.

http://www.stockcharts.com/education/IndicatorAnalysis/indic_ZigZag.html

It's a great tool to use for Harmonic Patterns. It is a lagging indicator. Do a search on this site for the "Harmonic Patterns" forum. It's long, but worth it. On page 85 is the ZUP indicator that a Russian gentleman either created or expanded. It's fabulous!! Do a Google search on "Pesavento Numbers" too.

I don't really trade the Harmonic patterns verbatim because I don't want to wait for "D" to arrive. I generally trade many .786 & .707 retracements and take profit at 1.272 on the Euro 15-minute timeframe. I never trade .618 retracements. They never seem to work out for me. Sometimes I may go to 1.618 if news is underway and I'm already up a significant amount. I just move my stop to .382 or .500 I also only trade the EUR/USD because the other pairs move to much and I never can feel totally comfortable. Personally, I have wasted too much time trying to get all of the money from the different pairs instead of truly focusing on one. I couldn't do it with the GBP/USD even though I tried. For some reason, nothing speaks to me like the Euro.

Good luck!! I wish you and everyone else many positive pips!!

Thank you

Thanks Guys, much appreciated.

Reason: