Error codes script!

Something to play with when you are not sure what the error code (number) means and don't have the time to open MetaEditor and search for the error code.

Just attach the script and enter the error code (ex: 130) and it'll tell you what does the error code mean!

Files:

Thanks Guru

error codes 130 and 131 ???

hi

does anybody know what these error codes stand for???

they came up in the journal entries while trying to open trades, backtesting a couple of EA's.

many thnx

Just moved your post to this thread.

Besides there is some webpage with error description Error codes - MQL4 Documentation

As I understand 130 is invalid stops (less than 10 for example) and 131 is invalid trade volume (wrong lot size).

much appreciated - but unfortunately still doesnt explain why my EA doesnt work:) My stop is set to 30 - but i get the error ???

i actually created the ea using the java MT4 builder i spotted on some of the chat pages. the rules are quite simple as i put in the conditions - but it doesnt work!

Can I ask for your help please?

the file is attached if you have time to check out.

many thanks

Files:

I tried and did not see any 130 or 131 error.

May be you are using small demo deposit to test with 1 lot size? Change lot size from 1 lot to 0.1.

Of course it may be few bugs as it was coded using MT4 builder but I did not see any 130 or 131 error during backtesting sorry.

no problems

thanks for trying it out....

Reason: