Candlestick pattern recognition - page 4

Japanese Candlesticks explained

You may be asking yourself, "If I can already use bar charts to view prices, then why do I need another type of chart?"

The answer to this question may not seem obvious, but after going through the following candlestick chart explanations and examples, you will surely see value in the different perspective candlesticks bring to the table. In my opinion, they are much more visually appealing, and convey the price information in a quicker, easier manner. Candlestick chart is a combination of a line-chart and a bar-chart, in that each bar represents the range of price movement over a given time interval. It is most often used in technical analysis of equity and currency price patterns.

You can read rest of the article at Japanese Candlesticks.

Does anyboby have the codes that for candle configuration shape??

just like "moring star" etc

thanks

Is there an indicator that will just identify DOJIs? What would you consider a true DOJI since the size can vary?

candle formation sound alert, email alert

Hi,

Is there an indicator that would sound alert, or email alert when there is special candle formation, such as doji, hammer etc?

NO luck by searching it.

Anyone using something similar?

Thanks.

Pattern recognition library

Hi

Anyone know if there is a callable library available for candlestick pattern?

It does not have to identify complicated patterns like "Head and Shoulder" but the basic 1-5 candle patterns.

Examples:

- Doji

- Hangman

- Engulfing

- Spike High

Tried googling for it but found no good ones.

Ingvar

try this one

it distinguish pattern into BULL and bear candle -- assume that it works out

xx3xxx:
try this one

it distinguish pattern into BULL and bear candle -- assume that it works out

Yes maybe. What I really was looking for was a type cc+library (dll) that you could call from an EA and it would come back and say "Yess sir, this is a bearing engulfing pattern, strength 6"

In coded form :-)

I guess I have to write it myself. This is such a natural, someone MUST have written it already.

Nice pattern recognition indi.

Is there a way to use it to send me email alert?

Btw, what is version 1, and version 2, since this is v3?

Thanks.

Looks ok..

Looks ok..

Reason: