Backtesting/Optimization - page 24

inversionesingles:
Hello, one question Whwn i use an EA in the option for microaccount (0.01) in the strategy tester, there is no trades. when set for miniaccounts (0.1 lot), everything is OK. Why? I want test this EA with microlots. Thanks

Most of the brokers do not have 0.01. So select the broker with 0.01. Check this section https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

it should be some thread with 0.01 brokers.

hISTORY FILES FOR XAU USD

Hi

Anyone knows where I can download Meta history files for gold and silver. I used to take them from Alpari site here http://www.alpari-idc.ru/ru/dc/databank.php but they seem to have dissapeared.

Thanks in advance

tick data not needed for SOME EAs

investor_me:
I have an EA that performs rather well on M1 timeframes in backtests of that timeframe with 25% modeling quality all using MT4 build 202 with historical data downloaded through the history center.

But I am puzzled by the fact that when I put it to forward testing and it seems to be doing almost exactly as the backtest. I thought that historical data modeling quality could play a major role. But apparently, for the M1 timeframe, the modeling quality is not a big deal because it is the lowest timeframe possible (except if we consider tick data).

However, I am still a bit skeptical about this simply because all my online friends -also MT4 savvy programmers- are urging me to enhance the modeling quality to 90% for the M1 frame. I'm not sure I need to do that. Do you think there is any need to have such high modeling quality for this smallest timeframe?

let us assume that your EA is programmed to make a decision not at every tick, but only at the start of a new bar. In this case, I guess the tick data (or the interpolated data) are irrelevant. So if your EA is built this way, your backtests are probably rather accurate.

- If you are implementing a new EA with input M1 and one trade every other day, then it is a good idea to make decisions only at the moment a new bar begins. To make a decision every 3 seconds will not bring an improvement, but will give confusing backtest results.

They changed website design and renamed some links.

I found it here now http://www.alpari-idc.ru/ru/quote-archives/

Thanks ND, Great help

no reply

it seems that i got no reply whatsoever, I hv to learn and search by myself

Thank's anyway

Did you read the tuturial (2 articles) at www.metatrader.info ?

andy_r:
Dear Guru,

I am a newbie in this MT4 platform, I hv downloaded some EA and want to backtest them, but it seems that the result is way out of my prediction. I hv downloaded steps for backtesting (update data from alpari historical etc.) but, i still doubt the procedures because the outcome look weird. Could you give me step by step instruction to do the backtesting properly?

Thank you very much

Andy_r

How to get higher modeling quality?

How could I get 90% or more modeling quality at backtestings?

I know, I've read everything in the past on this forum, but there was no fine solution with it.

Any help? Anyone knows anything more about this? Where to get the latest history data to get good modeling quality?

Can someone who already has everything set for backtesting, do some testings for me. Maybe 3 or 4 EA's, nothing more.

Looking for historical 'tick' data

Hello,

i just attend a seminar with title "Automatic Trading Master".. they have tick data for backtesting from 1999

now... do you know where can i get that ? any provider ? should i pay for it ? how much ?

Thanks

veematics:
Hello,

i just attend a seminar with title "Automatic Trading Master".. they have tick data for backtesting from 1999

now... do you know where can i get that ? any provider ? should i pay for it ? how much ?

Thanks

www.disktrading.com . Hope this help

There is no mention on tick data - I think 1 minutes is the shortest timeframe they deliver...?

Reason: