Backtesting/Optimization - page 22

testern:
There is no bug to me, even with your low modelling quality.

Your Goblin test fails because you are way too over-leveraged. In the backtest, you are having open 1.6 and 3.2 Standard Lots on a $10k account - you need to increase the "Initial Deposit".

To do so, open up the Strategy Tester then click on the Expert Properties Tab on the right-handside. There should be 3 tabs here: Testing, Inputs & Optimization.

By default you should be in the "Testing" tab, in which you can change the ammount of the "Initial Deposit" from 10,000 to whatever.

Hmm, but I have identical settings forward test and only 5000 deposit and still living ok.

I WANT STRATEGY TESTER WITH RESULT IDENTICAL AS FORWARD. identical EA, settings, time and deposit.

frantacech:
Hmm, but I have identical settings forward test and only 5000 deposit and still living ok. I WANT STRATEGY TESTER WITH RESULT IDENTICAL AS FORWARD. identical EA, settings, time and deposit.

Start a new demo account now, collect tick data at the mean time. Until next Sunday, make another backtest compare to your forward test with this same period(I mean this week). Then you'll see 99% identical result.

Regards,

David

Why doesn't backtest generate trades?

I'm a newbie to metaquote but an experienced trader/coder. So many of the EAs I've downloaded don't generate any trades. I've tried fiddling with the inputs and such, but still no action. What am I doing wrong

You need to make sure that you have some data history in order for the strategy tester to work.

In order to get this, this is what I do:

1. open up the EURUSD 1 min chart.

2. Press the "Home" key on your keyboard until the chart stops going back -i.e this action has the effect of downloading data from your broker's server.

3. Open up the EURUSD 5min chart and repeat 2.

4.Do this for every timeframe for EURUSD.

5. Repeat the above foe whichever symbols you want to run backtests on.

I've tried this with no luck. You can also change to a date range, but that doesn't open any simulated trades either.

Some of the EAs I've downloaded work, but most don't. Am I missing something like a setting or an indicator on the chart?

Anyone know how to achive 99% MQ backtest?

hi...anyone could tell how to achive 99% MQ backtest?...

thnx again newdigital

newdigital:
Sould be here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175901

thnx a lot newdigital...

I am trying to merge almost all the threads concerning backtesting to one thread.

Because forum is very big and it was posted everything already.

Just keep everything in one place.

how-get-modelling-quality-90-when-testing-ea-mt4.pdf

Instruction in pdf file https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175998/page6

Reason: