Help Generating an Email Alert

Currently this is what I'm trying in my EA to update me via email about the health of my account:

if (Hour()==23 && Minute()==00)

SendMail("DLMod1", "Account Balance is-"+DoubleToStr(AccountBalance(),2)+"_Account Equity is-"+DoubleToStr(AccountEquity(),2)+

"_Account Profit is-"+DoubleToStr(AccountProfit(),2)+"_Account Margin is-"+DoubleToStr(AccountMargin(),2)+

"_Account Free Margin is-"+DoubleToStr(AccountFreeMargin(),2));

The problem is that if I add in a seconds value, if it doesn't get a tick that second I get no email, but in this configuration I get an email for every tick sometimes almost 100.

Can someone help me write this correctly so that I get only one email a day?

Thanks for your help!

anyone??????

techinvest:
anyone??????

Try this

bool mail;

int start(){

if (Hour()>=23 && !mail){

SendMail("DLMod1", "Account Balance is-"+DoubleToStr(AccountBalance(),2)+"_Account Equity is-"+DoubleToStr(AccountEquity(),2)+

"_Account Profit is-"+DoubleToStr(AccountProfit(),2)+"_Account Margin is-"+DoubleToStr(AccountMargin(),2)+

mail=true;

}

if(Hour()<23)mail=false;

}

Another idea.

int SentEmail=0;

int start(){

if (Hour()==23 && SentEmail!=DayOfYear())

{

SentEmail = DayOfYear();

}

Thanks to you both. I think we have a winner in one of these!

Email ... Alerts

Anyone know how to customize an alert using the sendmail command? I am having trouble getting an email to work off an alert .

Any advice would be appreciated.

if(current_dirction != last_direction)

{

Alert ("EMA/SMA Cross for "+Symbol()+" on the "+Period()+" minute chart.");

last_direction = current_dirction;

return (true);

}

else

{

return (false);

}

Help with Email Alert

Hi

I know this thread goes back to 2006 but I have spent 2 hours trying to track down an updated Alert.

All I want is every Hour the account balance, Equity,Margin , Free margin emailed to me.

I have managed to use the attached that works but stops after 64 emails with "Mail: not enough space for 'DLMod2'.

bool mail;

int start(){

if (Hour()>=00 && !mail){

SendMail("DLMod2", "Account Balance is- "+DoubleToStr(AccountBalance(),2)+"_Account Equity is- "+DoubleToStr(AccountEquity(),2)+

"_Account Profit is- "+DoubleToStr(AccountProfit(),2)+"_Account Margin is- "+DoubleToStr(AccountMargin(),2)+

"_Account Free Margin is- "+DoubleToStr(AccountFreeMargin(),2));

mail=true;

}

if(Hour()<24)mail=false;

}

I understand I can fix the email limit by restarting MT4 but was hoping someone would have another suggestion.

Thanks

New help request

I could use some help with my nested if statement below - the Alertmsg & the email triggers are happening properly, but the sound files are not playing appropriately - they are playing but not the right sound with the event.

any help would be appreciated:

Dave

{

ind_buffer3 = EMPTY_VALUE; ind_buffer4 = EMPTY_VALUE;

if (ind_buffer1 > ind_buffer2 && ind_buffer1 < ind_buffer2)

{ ind_buffer3 = Low - 1 * Point;

AlertMsg = "BUY Signal";

TradeType = 1 ;

PlaySound("airforce.wav");}

if (ind_buffer1 ind_buffer2)

{ ind_buffer4 = High + 1 * Point;

AlertMsg = "SELL Signal";

TradeType = -1;

PlaySound("tires.wav");}

if (eMailAlerts_On && LastTradeType != TradeType && LastTradeTime != Time[0])

{LastTradeType = TradeType;

LastTradeTime = Time[0];

SendMail("EA Alert: Mac-Daddy Lunge// ",Symbol()+" - "+AlertMsg);}

}

//---- done

return(0);

}

Alert to email

I've got a question regarding email alerts that I'm hoping one of you can comment on. Many indicators provide alert windows that pop up when a specific condition is met. While I have the email function set up in MT4, is there any way to set MT4 to send me an email when an alert window pops up? The indicators in question don't have an email function ....

An example would be the Demarker indicator.

Thanks for any assistance.

Doug

additional info

I've noticed that the alert actually appears in the Expert tab in "terminal". Perhaps there is a way to have this notification emailed using the email function in MT4?

dcraig:
I've noticed that the alert actually appears in the Expert tab in "terminal". Perhaps there is a way to have this notification emailed using the email function in MT4?

hi dcraig..

so you should have to do settin'g in expert advisor button (upper side)

and then...have a mail pop service and of course your E.A should have

in its C++ lenguage that setting (send email alert)

the lower tap ..and send a mail as soon price get a pre-setting level..

Reason: