How do I hedge in MT4?

I've been looking all around in the program menus and the help file but I can't find a way to place a hedging trade. Is this feature simply not provided in MT4?

It just depends on your broker. IBFX allows hedging. Just place 2 orders. One buy and one sell. They don't close each other out. They hedge. You don't need to do anything special when placing the orders.

Keris

Really? In VTTrader there's a little box you check to specify if a position is hedging or cancelling.. I like the idea of being able to choose. Otherwise MT seems like the better platform...

ZTrader:
Really? In VTTrader there's a little box you check to specify if a position is hedging or cancelling.. I like the idea of being able to choose. Otherwise MT seems like the better platform...

There's no choosing. If your broker allows hedging, then you always hedge. If you're long 1 contract and you want to stop and reverse, you can't just go short 2 contracts. That would just give you 3 open contracts. You have to close your long and open your short.

Conversely, if a broker doesn't allow hedging, then there is no way to make it hedge. No little button or anything.

Oh, I see... that was so simple it never occurred to me..

Thanks.

any of u 2 know where to find some math about hedging ? even that many things seems simpel. i was also thinking of strategys with multiple lots

sailor

Reason: