Profit Generator EA - page 61

novafx99:
Are you sure you're human?

HEHE... I would encourange more people to pick up C programing for dummies and check out guru's courses. I learned mql in about two weeks with absolutely Zero knowledge about code. The addition was as simple as adding (!Use50maFilter || Ask > lwma+MApips*Point) to the opening criteria. Piece of cake!

Ok Nick

Simple indicator, simple code. You still show some talent whether you want to claim it or not. Would adding the S/R levels from a pivot indicator be as easy?

You see, not only is getting your entry on the right side of these type of levels going to put the direction of the trade in your favor but then the level itself acts as armor against your 30 pips stoploss.

The question, and we can't know without trying, whether or not this Pro-gen entry signal can be married to any type of logical filtering like this or if it's just not going to make any signals at all when filtered properly.

The thing is, we may be onto something here anyway. These are good filters. Now we need an entry logic which works with them if this one doesn't.

novafx99:
Simple indicator, simple code. You still show some talent whether you want to claim it or not. Would adding the S/R levels from a pivot indicator be as easy?

You see, not only is getting your entry on the right side of these type of levels going to put the direction of the trade in your favor but then the level itself acts as armor against your 30 pips stoploss.

The question, and we can't know without trying, whether or not this Pro-gen entry signal can be married to any type of logical filtering like this or if it's just not going to make any signals at all when filtered properly.

The thing is, we may be onto something here anyway. These are good filters. Now we need an entry logic which works with them if this one doesn't.

No, coding that would be more difficult and time consuming...

Nova did i understand it right.

Files:
pg_2.gif  35 kb

Ok

Well, you picked one heck of a volatile bar to illustrate this but you have the concept correct. When you get in on any trade with that type of volatility involved, you're going to have seriously increased risk.

By the way, is that parabolic?

In your chart, is that parabolic S/R you are plotting? When I get back to my PC I will post the Fibopiv_v.2 indicator I like to use for S/R so anyone can play with it.

Which is correct?

Which one of these fib ind is correct?

Is that a trick question?

Nicholishen:
Which one of these fib ind is correct?

I like the fibopiv_v.2. Does the live one recalculate more often? So that it always give you a range? See, for me, I learned to trade pivots years ago before all this software. I would calculate them manually and plot the levels on the chart myself. So, you never trade Sunday night. You calculate from London open Sunday to London Open Monday to make your first range for the week. If price breaks out of the range then you stay out of the market until you can calculate the next range of pivots. Clearly, last night price broke out of that narrow range we had been in at the end of last week. At that point, you're driving without headlights.

That's why things were crazy last night

Since we had a breakout from a narrow range, that's one of the reasons there was so much volatility. Once price no longer has the pivots to trade inside, it tends to use moving averages only as support and resistence which creates much larger price swings. That's why you should always trade in the daily range and stay out when prices move into a break out pattern. Don't worry, they will settle into a range once again.

novafx99:
I like the fibopiv_v.2. Does the live one recalculate more often? So that it always give you a range? See, for me, I learned to trade pivots years ago before all this software. I would calculate them manually and plot the levels on the chart myself. So, you never trade Sunday night. You calculate from London open Sunday to London Open Monday to make your first range for the week. If price breaks out of the range then you stay out of the market until you can calculate the next range of pivots. Clearly, last night price broke out of that narrow range we had been in at the end of last week. At that point, you're driving without headlights.

I don't think it recalculates more often. They are twenty pips off of each other...

Reason: