Cynthia Kase - Kase Peak Oscillator - page 3

This is a funny world

fxbs:
Mladen, relax, i'm asking if somebody could add Peak Min – Line to this particular indi (Kalenzo's mq4) what we have if it was simple, i'd modify it already... ...drinks still on me...

That is not Kalenzos mq4

I could use some words here, but I decided not to use any words or time anymore on you

And I do not drink, I leave it to you

Bye

fxbs:
would be interesting to try "Peak Min Line - "local PeakOuts" 4 sideways or corrective markets" Great Kalenzo, can you stick one more line? Drinks on me...

Mladen, I wasn't talking to you... can you read?

//| KasePeakOscilator_v1.mq4 |

//| Kalenzo |

//| bartlomiej.gorski@gmail.com |

Mladen, take it easy.

Fxbs posted the chart with my indicator. From some time it is free to use, I translated the formulas from easy language. The subweb for that indicator is located here Kase Peak Oscilator

Hi, Wiz!

can u stick this second line, or give a formula or clue how to hack it?

$(negotible) -on me - drinks- on you!

Kalenzo:
Mladen, take it easy. Fxbs posted the chart with my indicator. From some time it is free to use, I translated the formulas from easy language. The subweb for that indicator is located here Kase Peak Oscilator

Thank you

I was not aware that it is free for download now

PS: I must addmit that your indi is better

Kase peak oscillator

Here is Kase peak oscillator

Files:

yousky:

I give you a working version of this Indicator but keep in mind that the problem does not come from the convertion but the MT3 code itself !!!

ciao ciao

Yousky

Yousky, your Kase CD for MT4 is a godsend. It gives accurate divergences, both regular and hidden, often when no other indicator gives a divergence. I have a couple of nits: Indicator does not work for gold or oil, and does not work properly for any pair involving Japanese yen. Could this be because of the way the prices for these instruments are stated? Could you take a look?

Also, if you have an updated version, could you please place it in this forum.

You know what would do you some good?

Reading a book would be great- especially the book that manifested this indicator- and guess what, you get an added bonus

ITS WRITTEN BY THE AUTHOR OF THE INDICATOR! :O

Cynthia Kase - Trading With The Odds

Can't afford a 40 some odd dollar book? Don't trade. This indicator wasn't meant for divergence hidden or not- but obviously you wouldn't know that because like many other traders, slap on a indicator and just figure out how it works!

... just maybe that's why it doesn't work.

grayghost:
Yousky, your Kase CD for MT4 is a godsend. It gives accurate divergences, both regular and hidden, often when no other indicator gives a divergence. I have a couple of nits: Indicator does not work for gold or oil, and does not work properly for any pair involving Japanese yen. Could this be because of the way the prices for these instruments are stated? Could you take a look? Also, if you have an updated version, could you please place it in this forum.

Walander:
You know what would do you some good?

Reading a book would be great- especially the book that manifested this indicator- and guess what, you get an added bonus

ITS WRITTEN BY THE AUTHOR OF THE INDICATOR! :O

Cynthia Kase - Trading With The Odds

Yes, Kase's book is good. I don't use it for designing a trading system because I already successfully use ADXcellence by Charles Schaap, $150 and worth every penny. (If you use Schaap's methods faithfully and exercise mental discipline, you will assuredly make money.) I like to confirm the divergences given by ADX and DMI, and I've been using MACD and its histogram for this. But the Kase CD is better for than anything I have seen. She claims that her oscillator not only gives divergences that are 80 percent accurate, but--because of its mathematical correctness--also gives divergences 80 percent of the time when the trend changes, versus about 40 percent for MACD or other oscillators, and this seems to be true.

An excerpt from a review of Kase's book: "Kase then goes on to develop what she calls the KaseCD... a derivative of the Peak Oscillator ... that may show divergence when other oscillators don't."

I have found this to be true. Indicators of old were necessarily quick and dirty because computers could accommodate many lines of code. One might suppose that a statistically sound, mathematically correct indicator that treats all the statistical information available in the price series in a sophisticated way would be more accurate than a horseback indicator, and I have found this to be true. since I want the indicator to be sensitive, I use the MACD-histogram-like derivative of her peak oscillator, the CD. Even though my trading system is not based on Kase's methods, I find the CD, at least as far as I have been able to test it, to be well worth the space it takes up on my platform. In fact, I expect it will turn out to be invaluable.

You sound rather technically inclined. For the purpose of designing a system, rather than using someone else's, I would also recommend Perry Kaufman's New Trading Systems and Methods, 4th ed., $82 at Amazon. You should also have a good reference on candlsticks; Bigalow's is good.

I don't doubt that one could do well by subscribing to Kase's service. I just can't afford it.

Good hunting.

Reason: