Cynthia Kase - Kase Peak Oscillator - page 5

mladen:
Honest to god I do not remember (those were made about 1 year ago, and I really do not remember where did I got the "how" from) PS: forgot to attach the sources to that post . Attached them now

Thank you Mladen and Grayghost,

I have used the Metastock version.Since I have been using Metatrader for long time,I forgot about Cynthia Kase and her indicators .

Mladen, how do you use the Kase indicator and Kase indicator oscillator?Thanks in advance.

Three different versions...

Gentlemen, I am evaluating 3 different versions since last week only as the concept of this oscillator intrigues me.

Mladen, my appreciation of your expertise knows no end and when you said that you "prefer Kalenzo's version" to yours, I could genuinely not believe my own eyes, but knowing Kalenzo's work, I decided to get his indicator from him which he very kindly sent me and for which I am very grateful.

I at first downloaded yours and than I saw another version called the SpearmanRank_NTF_Variant (I downloaded all his indicators to compare and I prefer the latter) which I have been testing against yours.

What I like about yours is the fact that it is as stable as a rock, whereas the Spearman tends to "lift its head" during the formation of a candle and gives one a sense of "insecurity". Nevertheless, the Spearman seems to give different signals to yours (note that I do not mention Kalenzo's yet as I have only received it this afternoon).

Point in case are the Blue Triangle and marked "A" and again at "B".

Also, note the difference in your signals by comparison to the Spearman.

When I now compare these two to Kalenzo's (first window) then there is even a discrepancy between yours and his, especially considering the "LINE", but certainly the different colour bars.

Would you mind looking at the Spearman (as I know you, you have already done it anyway ) and share your expertise with us with regards to the performance of these 3 oscillators and maybe you can come up with something really awesome.

I will also report back on the "live performance" of Kalenzo's oscillator during the week.

Best wishes.

Files:

well, that's a good research to find differences between Kase and Kase CD, Schaff and Shaff cd (MA, MA CD and OsMA)

about Spearman - good site to meke research and compare difference between different indicators

-http://www.forexter.land.ru/indicators.htm

STRANGE INDICATORS for MT4 Snake+Spearman Rank Correlation

Bookkeeper's site, "indicators for self-deception; he might be wrong but you better don't tell him about it, he might get upsett..."

Files:
kase.gif  20 kb
spearman.gif  16 kb

To ValeoFX : I was simply telling facts.

Anyway, if my opinion means anything and if I had to chose, I would always choose Spearman rank correlation. Some of the reasons :

• unlike Kase oscillators it does not assume anything (if you take a look at the code you will notice two constants within kase oscillators (both of them) : 1.92 and 2.08. When asked about those Cynthia Kase told that they are based on experience (the asymmetricity is, my best guess, coming from fitting parameters to shares and bonds) Those parameters clearly can not treat the "up" and the "down trend" equally
  • the math behind Spearman rank correlation had survived for some time, which in my opinion, speaks for itself (nowdays when something (a theory or a model) survives that long one needs to start seriously thinking about it)
  • the hidden reason : one of juriks (TPO - Turning Point Oscillator) is simply a smoothed Spearman rank correlation (dispute is going on as of is it really juriks coding or not, so far the assumption is that it is ...) The fact that someone felt the need to steal Spearman rank correlation (or at least mask it) also speaks for itself

to beppi : no need to apologize, but that post was a bit "of topic". I think that the previous part of my post also answers your observation of Kase indicators lagging. Relax...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

But, I also think, that people should have a possibility to chose, despite anybodies opinion. That was the reason for posting. Who knows, maybe somebody will tailor a system for her/him using these indicators and will become rich (it seems that those worked for Cynthia Kase)... I do not know.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

regards to both of you

mladen

Mladen,

I will ask Cynthia next time in the Webinar why those numbers are static, and whether they've changed or not.

mladen:
To ValeoFX : I was simply telling facts.

Anyway, if my opinion means anything and if I had to chose, I would always choose Spearman rank correlation. Some of the reasons :

• unlike Kase oscillators it does not assume anything (if you take a look at the code you will notice two constants within kase oscillators (both of them) : 1.92 and 2.08. When asked about those Cynthia Kase told that they are based on experience (the asymmetricity is, my best guess, coming from fitting parameters to shares and bonds) Those parameters clearly can not treat the "up" and the "down trend" equally
  • the math behind Spearman rank correlation had survived for some time, which in my opinion, speaks for itself (nowdays when something (a theory or a model) survives that long one needs to start seriously thinking about it)
  • the hidden reason : one of juriks (TPO - Turning Point Oscillator) is simply a smoothed Spearman rank correlation (dispute is going on as of is it really juriks coding or not, so far the assumption is that it is ...) The fact that someone felt the need to steal Spearman rank correlation (or at least mask it) also speaks for itself

to beppi : no need to apologize, but that post was a bit "of topic". I think that the previous part of my post also answers your observation of Kase indicators lagging

But, I also think, that people should have a possibility to chose, despite anybodies opinion. That was the reason for posting. Who knows, maybe somebody will tailor a system for her/him using these indicators and will become rich (it seems that those worked for Cynthia Kase)... I do not know.

regards to both of you

mladen

Thanks for all the information guys, this is very interesting !

Can someone tell me if the turning point oscillator was posted somewhere in the forum, because i have not find it ?

Thanks

Reason: