Has anyone written a logging DLL?

Hi,

has anyone written a logging dll that will communicate with a logging application?

here is an example of what I'm talking about:

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/images/chainsaw-fullscreen.jpg

I remember there used to be some good ones for delphi, but I forget what they were called. Anyhow would be nice to be able to log without actually creating your own files... I mean those are useful also.

But to group and be able to filter your log messages would be great. Would be nice if the logging app also has capability to export to csv or excel.

So what I'm asking is either anyone has written a dll for this already or if they know of a good logging application to use that can group and export to csv or excel?

e.g. the dll call would be something like logMsg("coolEA-EURUSD", "I can't believe it... a buy signal finally occurred!");

in the logging app this would show up along with the timestamp.

Could you be referring to similarities in the functioning of this EA? https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173468/page13

well I was looking more along the lines of an interactive GUI application that you send logging statements to.

I remember there was a good one for delphi many years ago, probably still is... I just haven't programmed delphi in many years.

But it would be cool to have a program that sits there and collects your logging statements and you can filter them and do other things as well.

well, I was thinking something more like the windows event viewer...

Start / Administrative Tools / Event Viewer

But with capability to filter by any string you want. Other than that the event viewer looks good, maybe I would just go with that. It has CSV output ability also.

Files:

ycomp:
well I was looking more along the lines of an interactive GUI application that you send logging statements to.

I remember there was a good one for delphi many years ago, probably still is... I just haven't programmed delphi in many years.

But it would be cool to have a program that sits there and collects your logging statements and you can filter them and do other things as well.

Some thing like this?

The CockeyedCowboy

Reason: