Instead of Alert

I saw before Newdigital giving code example to use something other than alerts in an indicator, which the computer say the word instead of the alert. I've been searching the forum, but can't find it. .

Can Newdigital or someone else help me ? I'm trying to put some alert code. Thanks.

mietectec:
I saw before Newdigital giving code example to use something other than alerts in an indicator, which the computer say the word instead of the alert. I've been searching the forum, but can't find it. . Can Newdigital or someone else help me ? I'm trying to put some alert code. Thanks.

The answer you may find in this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172891/page2

Too bad, that is really unfortunate. It was a nice feature instead of the non-descriptive and getting annoying "ding". Wonder why should MT remove it.

SpeechText

mietectec:
I saw before Newdigital giving code example to use something other than alerts in an indicator, which the computer say the word instead of the alert. I've been searching the forum, but can't find it. . Can Newdigital or someone else help me ? I'm trying to put some alert code. Thanks.

mietectec,

You can use SpeechText() function now by creating a DLL in VC++ and export it to MQL4.

codersguru:
mietectec, You can use SpeechText() function now by creating a DLL in VC++ and export it to MQL4.

Where can I find the DLL Codersguru ?, I'm not a programmer, and I was just trying to modify existing indicator (Dinapoli Target)to alert when it created new setup.

BTW, it was very wonderfull of your lessons, thank you very much

A dll would be nice if someone could create it.

According to the Metaquotes forum, metatrader removed the function because somehow (I have no clue how) it allowed the ex4 files to be decompiled. And this was one of the changes they made to safeguarde the ex4 files

newdigital help please

May I appeal to new digital to kindly undertake this alert job on behalf of all none programmers?

Thanks in advance

bobomini:
May I appeal to new digital to kindly undertake this alert job on behalf of all none programmers? Thanks in advance

bobomini,

I don't remember. Probable it was in Codersguru's section and there are two threads about alert.

Besides you may check DayTrading EA because this EA had this function.

You can download Ultra Hal text to speech reader Free from download.com :

http://www.download.com/Ultra-Hal-Text-to-Speech-Reader/3000-7239_4-10329180.html

This program converts typed text to speech which you can then save as a .wav file. type the word you want in the box (I.E. CABLE ) and save by going to FILE and then selecting 'Convert text into WAV Audio file'. (save it to the desktop so you can find it or to the sounds folder in your metatrader folder).

In your metatrader go to Tools / Options / Events ----- scroll down to alerts and in the drop down menu select that file by clicking 'choose another' and select that wav file you saved.

Now when you restart metatrader and when an alert pops up it will play that wav file.

For different words and alerts, in the recent weeks Ive discovered Metatrader, I have had to download multiple MT4 platforms for each pair that I trade so that when alerts pop up, it guides me to that particluar platform I am running.

Hope this helps

Reason: