DayTrading2 - page 2

Nobody is testing this EA anymore? (daytrading 3)

Anyway, I had some Idle MT4 platforms hanging around my hardisk so I decided to test this EA out with different settings and brokers.

I attached it to 3 MT4 platforms at the same time:

Setup 1:

-Alpari broker

-on 4 majors + eur/jpy, aud/usd, usd/cad, gbp/jpy

-M5

-TP 20, Sl 100

Setup 2:

-Same as the above but on M15 charts

Setup 3:

-Same as the above but on M15 charts and on the swiss MIG Investment broker MT4 platform

On setup 1, it was loosing money so I stop testing it.

Now the funny part was setup 2 and setup 3 should have similar results but setup 2 was trading different trades as the setup 3. The result was Alpari's account was loosing 200 pips and at the same time MIG's was making 200 over pips. That's is 400 pips difference!. Wonder why the difference is so huge.

I don't think I will put this EA on a live account - it's too risky, for reason stated above - but it's a good "alert" service: There is this anoying "robot audio speech" that annouces each trades the EA does. Most of the trades are good ones as the past testers have seen but there are also the big loosing ones that can wipe off your profit.

I think if each time the Ea alerts of a trade we combine our human experience and intelect to make the decision to take it or not , this EA can help to make some pips.

Sada

PS: I will only attach the MIG's statement because I cancelled my test on the alpari's.

pls attache EA here so i can also test.

kumawat:

I think it's somewhere in the download section but I got this EA from the yahoo MT4 group so I am not sure if they are the same or not.

Anyway here it is attached, please let us know in the future what you think about it and don't forget that this EA behaves differently on different brokers platform.

Sada

Files:

kumawat:

I am no sure that it is fixed version. Because of small bug in this EA. It is something with SpeechText(...) and nothing with trading. It was ok for MT4 build 186 but you can not attach this EA to the chart if the MT4 build 188.

Just comment the line in EA to be like this:

//SpeechText(addSpaces(Symbol()) + " - " + str,SPEECH_ENGLISH);[/CODE]

You will get attention message but not an error and EA will become the normal color (otherwise it is in grey color in navigator).

May be this version was fixed already.

If not just open this EA in MetaEditor and insert this one

//

before this line

[CODE]SpeechText(addSpaces(Symbol()) + " - " + str,SPEECH_ENGLISH);

Thanks for the fix new digital.

The EA I posted is for the MT4 build 186. I don't think there was a fix version out yet. Someone was asking for it in the yahoo group but I didn't see any new and improve version posted.

As I am still running MIG build 186, I didn't need to change the code. I don't really trust build 188 anyway so I am sticking with build 186 for the moment.

You know what they say right? "if it's not broken. don't fix it"

Sada

SpeechText() function is no longer supported in MQL4 for MT build 188:

22. MQL4: Completely removed the SpeechText function.

http://www.metaquotes.net/forum/1564/

Update of statement...The SL 100 pips really helps.

Let's see how it does for the next 2 months or so.

Sada

Pls attache here EA so i can test it

kumawat:
Pls attache here EA so i can test it

I already attached the EA after the last time you ask me to do it.

Scroll up this thread.

Sada

statement update...still looking good...

Sada

Reason: