Aroon Indicator - page 4

Thank you Mladen & MrTools - much appreciated!!!

Hi Mrtools/Mladen:

I have an EA that's pretty good base on the arron oscillator indicator. I think I can make it better by using an updated aroon oscillator (it has neutual zones) I'm just wondering if you can help me add a exit position feature in the EA when indicator reach those neutual zones. Thank you very much!

Jasez426:
Hi Mrtools/Mladen: I have an EA that's pretty good base on the arron oscillator indicator. I think I can make it better by using an updated aroon oscillator (it has neutual zones) I'm just wondering if you can help me add a exit position feature in the EA when indicator reach those neutual zones. Thank you very much!

That EA is already using levels - no need to change it

mladen:
That EA is already using levels - no need to change it

Thank you for the quick reply Mladen, can you please show me where in the EA has the option to allow EA to auto exit position at neutual? I can't seem to find it or make it to work. Thanks again

Jasez426:
Thank you for the quick reply Mladen, can you please show me where in the EA has the option to allow EA to auto exit position at neutual? I can't seem to find it or make it to work. Thanks again

Why should it exit on neutral?

Neutral does not mean a trend change

mladen:
Why should it exit on neutral? Neutral does not mean a trend change

It's for take profit level. If wait for trend change then you will already give back most of the pips gained. I don't mind re-enter. Please help thanks

Jasez426:
It's for take profit level. If wait for trend change then you will already give back most of the pips gained. I don't mind re-enter. Please help thanks

Jasez426

That EA is using one more indicator for trend determination ("Slope Direction Line") and atr and high lows - I don't think that a 3 state aroon oscillator exits would do a good in that 4 conditions combination

mladen:
Jasez426 That EA is using one more indicator for trend determination ("Slope Direction Line") and atr and high lows - I don't think that a 3 state aroon oscillator exits would do a good in that 4 conditions combination

Hi Mladen:

Thanks for the insight, I didn't know about the slope direction line because the EA entry matches aroon oscillator exactly and it has performed well under renko charts, I find using the aroon oscillator exits at neutral captures good pips. Please Mladen help me with the modification. Thank you with my heart

Aroon up down

aroon_up_down.mq4

Files:

tampa:
Aroon up down aroon_up_down.mq4

tampa

Better to use this one : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173526

If you take a look at the low values of that arron indicator, you will notice that it never reaches 0 value (and it should). So, better to use the correct version (not a big difference, bu the difference exists)

Reason: