High/Low EA - page 2

texan:
I am unable to trade this ea on more than 1 pair on the same platform at the same time. what am i doing wrong. thanks for your help ........TEXAN

If you edit the ea and change the magic number and then save it as a different name it works on more than one pair. I am no programmer and do not know how to add the magic number option as a external variable.

Customizing the High/Low EA

Hi primajaya!

I have backtested your first EA(the one that has both high and low orders), with wonderful results!

However can you help me customize it to do an additional following:

Adding stop loss level

Auto-adjusting stop loss level to breakeven level, when market price almost hits Take profit level (maybe 3 pips before that)

And can i know what does pip adds mean??

THanks primajaya!

If someone could also add trailing stops this EA would be awesome! Simple and powerful!

ea not opening on highs and lows but opening on open and close

Could someone help on this, the ea is placing orders on previous candle open and close prices. Is there a setting to make it open on highs and lows?

Also on the back testing the journal say that all "oder has expired"

Could someone help on this.

Is it possible to add a function that the High or Low must be a isolated H/L of 3 bars like a mini fractal instead of the original 5 bars fractal, that would be perfect

thanks in advanced

primajaya:
One trade per bar..

enjoy

Pj,

To Primajaya

You have done a good job on your high and low break EA, but for GOD sake can you code it with define stoploss, i mean that i can put stop loss at where i like. not necessary at the break of opposite side.But the rest rule should remain, if you can do it, i will continue to thank you for ever.

Searching for an EA with uses highs and lows

Hello,

I am searching for an EA which is a trend follower.

The EA should detect the last high and low and then start to detect every new high and low.

In the case of an up trend:

Every new relative low has to be higher than the last low > then the up trend is intact and the stoploss for my running buy orders will be moved to the new relative low.

It would be great if the EA could mark the new highs and lows in the chart, too!

Lot's of thanks!

niyadcom:
You have done a good job on your high and low break EA, but for GOD sake can you code it with define stoploss, i mean that i can put stop loss at where i like. not necessary at the break of opposite side.But the rest rule should remain, if you can do it, i will continue to thank you for ever.

I agree, this is an excellent job on the EA, but defineing the stop loss is key to it's potential greatness. Your EA is greatly appreciated, thank you.

HiLoBar 1 & 2

Anyone found the best time frames / pairs for this?

Thanks...

High Low EA

I read a academic study that was published last 2010 about a mechanical trading method that could statistically earn profits. It was used to study crude oil futures trading for a ten year period and could probably double every year. works the same way as pivots and fibs but much simpler rules

I'd appreciate if there is someone who can help me interpret this simple EA to see whether or not this can actually work. Thanks in advance!

Step 1: get high and low of most recent period (previous candle)

Step 2: Buy if price is greater than previous high + 1 pip / sell if price falls lower than previous low - 1 pip.

additional rules that were not mentioned but i guess are needed to create the EA

*when trigger for high is ask price and trigger for low is bid price

**close any open trades if you are changing from buy to sell or sell to buy

***if current period does not break the high/low of previous period hold the position

**** there is a possibility that the trade might get closed in the current period(both high and lows of previous period were broken). in this case the procedures still follow.

Reason: