Discussion - page 48

discodave:
Thanks, maybe I'll have a look this also. I was thinking something like running ea in mt4 and copying it's behavior to another... So with this tool, ea should be modified to make it's orders to a textfile first?

Is there tool to copy trades to a text file without modification?

- - - - -

edit: I should have read more before posting, writer_EA works like that?

DiscoDave,

You need to create yourself (hand) this textfile (the buy.txt or the sell.txt). After, if you want to copy it automaticaly, i think, you could make a small batch file (.bat in dos) to do it or a simple windows service or a small exe (with VB, Delphi or C++).

Pseudo code :

If (aFileIsPresent and IsnameIs = "buy.txt" or "sell.txt") then copy it to MT4_2nd_instance

Not so hard to do.

I hope it's help.

Build 198

Does Anyone have MT4 Build 197 or 198... Ever since i updated over 200 i get huge memory leaks and crashes when backtesting some of the strategies....

Looking for the trades.

I look at the Metatraders and have something to say.

- Newstrader_V5 EA. Some pending orders were opened and deleted. No any order was executed this week. Because I setted for this EA to trade the news with rating=3 (means most significant news).

- BrainTrading EA. It was two profitable trades this week.

- Brainwashing EA. Some profitable orders were closed (for the versions with dymanic iTrend levels). Besides two additional orders were opened for 1c and 1c1 versions (H4 timeframe) and stop loss were moved to the profitable area.

- SBS EA.

This EA did good profit in the beginning odf the week. And now I see 3 orders were opened (2 of them are in profit). Do not close yet.

- Envelope 2.11.

did not trade.

- TPE EA.

It was some losses (two losing orders) and then some profit (3 profitable orders). This EA is trading more often than SBS EA.

- StepMAExpert 1.42 version.

Almost all the orders were closed in good profit and we have equity as 35,000 now (starting from 25,000). One order is still opened with +85 pips now. I want to say that almost all step EA did very good this week. What are the differencies between them?

1.42 is always-in-play version.

1.45 is not trading often (but profitable for GBPUSD).

other versions are profitable for some pairs as well.

- Goldwarrior did good profit this week.

- fozzy EA is slowly recovering deposit. And 20-pips EA almost did it: starting deposit was 25,000 and now is 24,000 (using 1 lot size). BTW, this 20-pips EA is long play one: the profit should be calculated yeraly for this EA (not monthly).

No any surprise during this week: profitable EA are increasing the profit, lossers EA are losing ...

I am still waiting for the next version of Terminator EA. Besides i am really thinking to improve finally my version of RSIRound EA (as a scalper).

-

Newbie Question about Strategy-Selection

Hello everybody,

I joined your Forums Elite Section today and after reading alot of Threads here I have a few simple questions to the guys that have been around longer than me.

Basically my first intention when joining this area was to look at the weekly winning EAs every week and use the first 2 in the list with my Live-Account.

After studiing your results and Excel sheets I've come to the conclusion that the only EA that seems to deliver promising results in your list is "Firebird 0.65".

So my question is: Which of these EAs do you use for your live-trading? And why don't you add more promising EAs to your list? For Example I've been missing Phoenix EA (Which seems to be a heavily modified Firebird version) or the 10points3-EA that has been heavily discussed in this forum and seems to be able to deliver good results.

Long story short: Im missing a larger variety of EAs that are more competitive to each other. I really like the way you work but this way the list is virtually useless for me since it has only 1 promising candidate for live-trading?

Thanks alot for your time :-)

Weekly winners thread is usefull for the people who are changing EAs all the time and use results for the last week to correlate it with the next week. This weekly winners thread is useless for the most of the people. I created this weekly winners thread because some people requested it.

Most usefull threads are weekly performance and total leaders threads. And excel file of course.

As to EAs so every EA is having the thread with many opinion. And don't miss negative opinions about some EAs: negative opinion about some EA (deposit size, sensitive with some brokers data, and so on) is more important than positive in our case (in case of selecting EA for real trading).

Opinions.

Opinions are very different. For example, I am having negative opinion about Firebird and i think it is almost impossible to use this EA with real money for me (i will never have such a big deposit size which i will "agree" to lose). I like more other 8 or 10 EAs which are profitable during 1 year forward testing and creating profit slowly. But there are many people who are thinking that Firebird is very good EA, and Martingaled EAs are very good as well. So, just an opinions.

You should have your own opinion because you will trade your own money.

In this elite section we may discuss everything more openedly because no one is promoting anything here.

There is 2 or 3 thread about EAs and real trading. This one and two more (don't remember location sorry).

Programmers required.

Hi All Programmers

I would like to work with a programmer on a long term bases to help automate some profitable trading strategies, please supply quotes together with terms and conditions alternatively we can organize some profit sharing.

Please reply to peterkhenry@gmail.com

Files:

Excel files (with EAs'performance) were updated on this post:

- Brainwashing_EAs.zip;

- forward_testing_results.zip.

elite section

rainx, I would have to disagree that the elite section is "useless". -

Just knowing that Firebird works compared to all the other ones, saves time and money on backtesting. I use firebird live with no problems.--- Actually, I use a variant of firebird that did not come from this forum because I wanted more features and am working to customize even further. Just having 1 ea that gets me an ongoing return is a big win.

Also, I am not a programmer and have limited ability. but ---I dont expect for 12 bucks a month to not have to learn anything about customizing eas and the expection to have programmers at my beck and call. If you spent time reading coders guru's lessons you will find they are not impossible to figure out. Challenging yes.

Also, you mentioned phoenix and 10points as delivering good results...if you spend the time to learn how to backtest at 90% modeling you will find that your account is highly likely to get slaughtered if you go live over a 1 year period.

If I have 1 beef with this fourm, is that the money aspect of managing trades through trade adjusments is very limited in the eas'. maybe, someone will come up with this in the future, I don't know.

Ajk, I'm not saying that the elite section is useless im just wondering how stuff is organized here.

>Just having 1 ea that gets me an ongoing return is a big win.

This is correct but I was planing to change EAs periodically in order to have the best EA for the current market situation.

My point was that the only EA that delivers somewhat nice results in those weekly performance-results is "Firebird" - an EA that looks very nice at the first place but if you take a close look at its logic than you will see that it heavily relies on pyramiding and is very likely to wipe the profit generated in month with one big bang (this happens in strongly trending markets). Where are the nice EAs from public forum in those tests? Like Goblin, that seems kinda popular with the forum and whose results looks very promising to me (or the 10point3-System which alot of people are talking about). I'm missing those in the weekly tests

>Also, you mentioned phoenix and 10points as delivering good results...if you >spend the time to learn how to backtest at 90% modeling you will find that >your account is highly likely to get slaughtered if you go live over a 1 year >period.

Same goes for your Firebird... this EA takes too much risk and is not very suitable for live accounts... if it still works for you then its perfectly fine with me... I just wouldn't ever use it.

Greetz

EAs

Hello All,

I like the Elite section and am a member there... I too am searching for an EA. Im looking for one that builds profits albeit small profits slowly with low drawdown and low chance of risk.

Seems to me that some EAs are good in a ranging type market... some are good in a sideways market and others will work all the time.

Its too bad that the real trading experts that frequent this site dont combine brains and decide once and for all what EAs are good for what type of market conditions...

Then create a new Market Deciding EA which its sole purpose would be to judge the type of current market situation...ranging, sideways, etc and then have ALL of the profitable EAs code merged together into one HUGE EA... Then have the program select which code to use depending on the current market conditions.

Then you would be profitable in all conditions...(hopefully) assuming we could accurately determine which EA is good for what type of conditions and also how far in advance we could predict the market conditions to tell if its ranigng or not.

Sure would be fun to try...any takers?

Thanks,

-Matt

Reason: