Expert Advisor Builder - page 2

This works great.

I just tried making a couple of silly experts to try and it took no time at all

The experts weren't any good though!

With a bit of practice I think anyone could turn out some profitable experts.

iCustoms

newdigital:
Click "Logics", then press " buy logics add", select "custom indicator", wait untill the new page will be downloaded with the following:

- Input the custom indicator's name.

- Input the parameters set, if needed(ex. p1, p2, p3 ...).

- Input the number of a indicator's line used.

- Input the number of periods back from the current bar(ex. Current = 0, Previous = 1, ...).

And so on.

About parameters of indicator and "iCustom" see Codersguru lessons. Besides I remember that somebody asked Codersguru about this iCustom and we have full explanation about it and indicator's parameters.

Hi

I seek as much information about iCustoms and embedding indicators in to experts. My email is dr_richard_gaines@yahoo.com can someone send me the link where I can read up and do my homework and research this further. I wish that you had given the link in this message I would be going there now.

I will look thur code guru's postings.

Doc Gaines

dr_richard_gaines:
Hi

I seek as much information about iCustoms and embedding indicators in to experts. My email is dr_richard_gaines@yahoo.com can someone send me the link where I can read up and do my homework and research this further. I wish that you had given the link in this message I would be going there now.

I will look thur code guru's postings.

Doc Gaines

iCustom function was fully explaned by Codersguru in several threads with many examples, templates, threories and practics. Go to Codersguru section and you may find something.

now THAT's what I'm talking about....this works slick as a whistle!!

I wish this thing were posted on the front of the site somewhere really conspicuiously!! Like wherever BEGINNERS like me are likely to show up....

at least i can test my hairbrained ideas now without stressing out.

now i need to learn more about what works to make that result line ascending

I was so excited to find this utility.

I'm sad to report that my experience of using it leaves much to be desired. While it did produce code it makes errors which then have to be debugged before they will compile cleanly and even after I got an EA with no errors according to the compiler it wouldn't execute any trades when attached to the chart. It attached fine, the smiley face showed in the chart but the EA remained dormant when it should have been executing trades. I knew the rules it should have placed orders on and it didn't. Attached is the code it made which wouldn't execute. Without knowing how to code so it can be debugged this is useless as a working EA.

Files:
1-2_punch.mq4  11 kb

newdigital:
JavaScript to create Expert Advisor.

I am new to this forum, without reading I have posted a new thread for your Advisor Builder. I had just tried my hand on your Advisor Builder (AB) and created my first EA, thank alot guy.

Help needed is how can I invert my EA's signal before it is executed by the MT, ie when my EA produces a BUY signal, this code should intercept it and change it to a SELL signal vs for the orginal SELL signal.

Could you extend your Builder to have an option to include money magement system in the code ?

Another wish list of mine, could you link your Java script with MT and use it to automatically generate EA using an initial population of say 1000 EA with random combination of of technical indicators and improve it using the genetic optimization in MT ?

LAU Tien Poh:
I am new to this forum, without reading I have posted a new thread for your Advisor Builder. I had just tried my hand on your Advisor Builder (AB) and created my first EA, thank alot guy.

Help needed is how can I invert my EA's signal before it is executed by the MT, ie when my EA produces a BUY signal, this code should intercept it and change it to a SELL signal vs for the orginal SELL signal.

Could you extend your Builder to have an option to include money magement system in the code ?

Another wish list of mine, could you link your Java script with MT and use it to automatically generate EA using an initial population of say 1000 EA with random combination of of technical indicators and improve it using the genetic optimization in MT ?

It is not my program. I am using it sometimes.

I am coding just simple EAs using this program and after that I modified the resulting code manually using MetaEditor.

Just some link to help in this subject:

Templates to create EAs and Indicators is here.

Extend MQL!! is here.

And look at this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174329 for MM codes including very simple ones.

EA builder software

Hello all

I have a question about what is called "EA builder" software. Where can i find it? and can i build my EA with it even if i have no idea about mql4 language?

Thanks for help

Thanks

What if i want to involve an indicator which is not in the logics list?

Reason: