Multiple timeframes

Any know if it is posible to programe an indicator which allows multiple timeframes ( to add for example 3 indicators in same chart Macd for example) And for example looks at weekly daily and hour 4 timeframes ?

Sailor

I was thinking of an indicator and not an expert :-)

Sailor

Hi,

Look at my indicator PriceChannel_Stop_v6.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173179

Igor

TrendLaboratory Chief

doh i have experts on the brain. this is something i needed to know also

thx for bringing it up and igor for the example

I am not programmer but I intested this one in the beginning of the code:

extern int Per = 0;[/CODE]

Zero is for current timeframe (anycurrent according to the chart.

And then changed the line of the code on to this one:

[CODE]ind_buffer1=iMA(NULL,Per,FastEMA,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)-iMA(NULL,Per,SlowEMA,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i);

It means as Codersgurusaid, after NULL should be timeframe. Zero (0) is current. So I inserted my "Per" (see above) instead of this "0".

Indicator is attached.

First macd_1.gif is 3 timeframes: M30, H1 and H4 on H1 chart using this new indicator.

And next two images is M30 and H4 timeframe (and chart) with normal MACD (just to compare).

May be I am not right. It is just my attempt.

Files:
macd_1.mq4  3 kb
macd_1.gif  21 kb
macd_m30.gif  18 kb
macd_h4.gif  21 kb

And an other image:

GBPUSD H1 Chart with e MACD indicators inserted:

for USDJPY, EURUSD and USDCHF.

So just 1 chart instead of 3.

Files:

Thank u very much digital :-) looks ok.... being able to customize period like this is very very nice should be standard in mt4 platform :-)

Sailor

sailor:
Thank u very much digital :-) looks ok.... being able to customize period like this is very very nice should be standard in mt4 platform :-) Sailor

I think it is really good idea to confirm the enters by different timeframes and pairs movements.

Yes :-) know i startet to be quite fancy to se how other indicators look on intraday chart but with the bigger pigture . Is it posible to do the same with a moving average ?

sailor

sailor:
Yes :-) know i startet to be quite fancy to se how other indicators look on intraday chart but with the bigger pigture . Is it posible to do the same with a moving average ? sailor

Say again.

(did not understand).

Reason: