Trailing file - page 3

Do newdigital have use b-TLE_v.1.6.rar successfully?

chiwing:
i don't understand how to do step 2 and 3

step 2: "#include should be included in the code of EA (your EA)"

step 3: in 'start' function of your EA add the following code:

if (UseTrailing) TrailingPositions();

It was in 2005 so i am not sure that I remember exactly ...

But I used b-SimpleTrailing.mqh file. There is some thread where I modified MACD Sample EA with this file with good results.

Step 2 and step 3 are related to the coding.

It means that you have some EA and this EA is using some other file. In our case it is b-SimpleTrailing.mqh or some other file (b-TLE_v.1.6.mqh). EA will understand about what to if you will write the following:

"#include <b-SimpleTrailing.mqh

inside your EAs code and step #3 as well.

It was described in the beginning of this thread.

It is related to the coding.

newdigital:
It was in 2005 so i am not sure that I remember exactly ...

But I used b-SimpleTrailing.mqh file. There is some thread where I modified MACD Sample EA with this file with good results.

Step 2 and step 3 are related to the coding.

It means that you have some EA and this EA is using some other file. In our case it is b-SimpleTrailing.mqh or some other file (b-TLE_v.1.6.mqh). EA will understand about what to if you will write the following:

"#include <b-SimpleTrailing.mqh

inside your EAs code and step #3 as well.

It was described in the beginning of this thread.

It is related to the coding.

big thankyou to newdigital

i have read the message that u send to me and saw this reply. after that i find out what i misunderstond~ ~

the b-TLE_v.1.6.mqh is not a complete program , it just a part of a program, if i don't know how to code an EA, this b-TLE_v.1.6.mqh is useless for me , because it is not an individual tools that i can use in metatrader 4~ ~

AccountProfit() Trailing Stops

Can someone please show me how to make trailing stops based on AccountProfit()

so it will not going to change any value on stop loss, instead it will monitors the value on AccountProfit() and make trailing stops on specific trailing steps.

Thank you.

newdigital:
What is 3-level exit?

If your EA riches the profit +20, the stop loss will

It is example only:

LevelProfit1 = 20; // First profit level

LevelMoving1 = 1; // First level of moving

LevelProfit2 = 35; // Second profit level

LevelMoving2 = 20; // Second level of moving

LevelProfit3 = 55; // Third profit level

LevelMoving3 = 30; // Third level of moving

it means that if your EA riches the profit +20, the stop loss will be moved on +1, if profit is +35 or more the stop will be moved on 20, if profit is +55 your stop loss will mobe on 30. And further movement of s/l is doing by trailing stop.

You may change all these figures of course.

You must define the following variables in your EA:

int MAGIC = 20051120;

color clModifyBuy = Aqua;

color clModifySell = Tomato;

bool UseSound = False;

string NameFileSound = "expert.wav";

New Digital,

Do I understand correctly that this can run independently, and manage orders from another EA? And does it also mean that I need to change the Magic Number in the EA I am using. Specifically, I have been having some success with Mindaugas's TSD v.24, I have been studying Elder and am fascinated with this EA. I have some successes, but then they are erased. I think a tight trailing stop would be fun to play around with, but I am just not far enough along to understand the coding that would be necessary, and every time I try, I mess up his original coding. I have been reading some of CoderGurus lessons, but it is very hard for me to understand. I hope I am not off-post but this is really the issue at hand with me now.

Thanks

Chili

Chilibowl:
New Digital,

Do I understand correctly that this can run independently, and manage orders from another EA? And does it also mean that I need to change the Magic Number in the EA I am using. Specifically, I have been having some success with Mindaugas's TSD v.24, I have been studying Elder and am fascinated with this EA. I have some successes, but then they are erased. I think a tight trailing stop would be fun to play around with, but I am just not far enough along to understand the coding that would be necessary, and every time I try, I mess up his original coding. I have been reading some of CoderGurus lessons, but it is very hard for me to understand. I hope I am not off-post but this is really the issue at hand with me now.

Thanks

Chili

Exactly, set the same magic number to allow one Ea managing the other.

LinuxUser,

Thanks, it works just as you said with Magic Number. I still cannot set it to manage the trades on an absolute sl or tp number. There might be a combo from TTS that worked, but I don't think I am going to find it. This EA (V.24) does not backtest well. Is there a way to code a buy/sell order to take place, given a change in an indicator on a previous time frame that incrementally or decrementally, changes direction? That is, specifically: could a current position be bought or sold based upon a closed candle of an MACD or OSMA from a lower time frame, once the candle has closed and changed direction from + to - or - to +? Or maybe with an Awesome Oscillator, once it changes color? I am having some luck when I am in front of the computer and can manually trade this on shorter time frames, but I cannot leave the EA by itself. I am not lazy and am trying to learn MQ4 in my extra time, but just wanted to know whether that is possible or not?

Thanks again,

Chilibowl

Chilibowl:
LinuxUser,

Thanks, it works just as you said with Magic Number. I still cannot set it to manage the trades on an absolute sl or tp number. There might be a combo from TTS that worked, but I don't think I am going to find it. This EA (V.24) does not backtest well. Is there a way to code a buy/sell order to take place, given a change in an indicator on a previous time frame that incrementally or decrementally, changes direction? That is, specifically: could a current position be bought or sold based upon a closed candle of an MACD or OSMA from a lower time frame, once the candle has closed and changed direction from + to - or - to +? Or maybe with an Awesome Oscillator, once it changes color? I am having some luck when I am in front of the computer and can manually trade this on shorter time frames, but I cannot leave the EA by itself. I am not lazy and am trying to learn MQ4 in my extra time, but just wanted to know whether that is possible or not?

Thanks again,

Chilibowl

Most EA do that. Buy or Sell according to some indicator level/value. I'm trying to understand the lower TF part. You mean as example buy on M60 when last M15 candle is close?

Exactly, but I am afraid I didn't understand some features that were already built in when I asked you in the previous post. Apparently, there is some sort of weighted average of either filter, Force or WPR (you have a choice), that determines the point of entry. So I need to forward test an adjustment before I bother you anymore. (In Elder's book, he says that a period of 5? is good for WPR in the filter mode). I do not know if I understand, but think I do -- and it is adjustable in the EA! So I am going to tighten it, some. There is also a stop loss based upon ATR that is programmed in the EA. (It was contributed by someone named Loren). I am sure that can be adjusted too. The EA is really a masterpiece. I am learning more about it every day. I could spend the rest of my life changing and testing the variables. But that is what makes it fun. The stops have not been bad on my forward testing, though. The EA caught the breakdown (a powerful failed head and shoulders formation) of the Yen and it bought the GBPJPY. It is cool that it naturally picked the most inversely correlated moving currency. I closed it on Friday for a little over 400 pips. There were 4 S/L around 20-25 pips for different pairs for the week, set on W1,D1, H4 for the three time period inputs. This all may be an anomaly, but I feel compelled to keep working with it. The problem is that this EA cannot be backtested very well. I do think that adjusting the WPR ratio should help solve the problem. The EA follows Elder's Triple Screen with a good deal of accuracy. So far, so good, but it gets in trouble in the flats (that is why I am worried about entries and stops) and unfortunately, I can only watch it during the Asian session. It is probably unreasonable to expect moves like the GBP/JPY very often. That formation is somewhat rare. The question is whether it is profitable over the long term. I haven't even begun to look at the later versions yet, and really cannot find much info about the changes and the reasons for them. Thanks again for your help with this and the times before this. Forex TSD is awesome!

Chili

Chilibowl:
Exactly, but I am afraid I didn't understand some features that were already built in when I asked you in the previous post. Apparently, there is some sort of weighted average of either filter, Force or WPR (you have a choice), that determines the point of entry. So I need to forward test an adjustment before I bother you anymore. (In Elder's book, he says that a period of 5? is good for WPR in the filter mode). I do not know if I understand, but think I do -- and it is adjustable in the EA! So I am going to tighten it, some. There is also a stop loss based upon ATR that is programmed in the EA. (It was contributed by someone named Loren). I am sure that can be adjusted too. The EA is really a masterpiece. I am learning more about it every day. I could spend the rest of my life changing and testing the variables. But that is what makes it fun. The stops have not been bad on my forward testing, though. The EA caught the breakdown (a powerful failed head and shoulders formation) of the Yen and it bought the GBPJPY. It is cool that it naturally picked the most inversely correlated moving currency. I closed it on Friday for a little over 400 pips. There were 4 S/L around 20-25 pips for different pairs for the week, set on W1,D1, H4 for the three time period inputs. This all may be an anomaly, but I feel compelled to keep working with it. The problem is that this EA cannot be backtested very well. I do think that adjusting the WPR ratio should help solve the problem. The EA follows Elder's Triple Screen with a good deal of accuracy. So far, so good, but it gets in trouble in the flats (that is why I am worried about entries and stops) and unfortunately, I can only watch it during the Asian session. It is probably unreasonable to expect moves like the GBP/JPY very often. That formation is somewhat rare. The question is whether it is profitable over the long term. I haven't even begun to look at the later versions yet, and really cannot find much info about the changes and the reasons for them. Thanks again for your help with this and the times before this. Forex TSD is awesome! Chili

Sorry but Elder ideas are a bit different. You trade on the an intermediate timeframe, a minor one is the trigger and the superior is the trend.

Reason: