How to code? - page 330

sunshineh:
Thanks mladen,

but how an I realize it, that the actual time is shown on the chart?

Even when I put this code in my ea, the object "Time" isn't updating every second. Why? Takes it to much time to update the text object??

But that is not a solution for me. Perhaps it is possible to "create" ticks for the indicator, so that it is updating every second?!

sunshineh

Use TimeLocal() instead of TimeCurrent() (TimeCurrent(() shows the time of the last tick while TimeLocal() shows the local time that always changes even when there are no ticks)

Thanks mladen,

yes, I planed to use the TimeLocal()-function for my clock.

But my problem is, how can I realize an indicator, which is working on a very rare used underlying, which isn't getting every second a tick?

I tried my EA-Endless loop now on weekend with the tick generator.

I always thought that once I send a tick the ea stays in my endless loop and draw my time without broker ticks.

But it is wrong :-( After stopping the tick generator the time on the chart is always the same.

Is it because of the sleep-function?

Therefore I thought of an endless loop.

I think there must be a workaround to show my computer time on the chart witout broker connection?!

sunshineh:
Thanks mladen,

yes, I planed to use the TimeLocal()-function for my clock.

But my problem is, how can I realize an indicator, which is working on a very rare used underlying, which isn't getting every second a tick?

I tried my EA-Endless loop now on weekend with the tick generator.

I always thought that once I send a tick the ea stays in my endless loop and draw my time without broker ticks.

But it is wrong :-( After stopping the tick generator the time on the chart is always the same.

Is it because of the sleep-function?

Therefore I thought of an endless loop.

I think there must be a workaround to show my computer time on the chart witout broker connection?!

sunshineh

Don't use that endless loop in start()

Use it in init() and it will work even when EAs are disbled

Now, I put my code in the init-function. But also there I can't the actual time every second :-(

sunshineh:
Now, I put my code in the init-function. But also there I can't the actual time every second :-(

Try something like this (it is an EA):

int init()

{

while(!IsStopped())

{

Comment(TimeToStr(TimeLocal(),TIME_DATE|TIME_SECONDS));

Sleep(500);

}

return(0); }

void deinit() { return; }

void start() { return; }

It will work

sunshineh:

Does it work for you yet?

Hi mladen,

Is there any way of accessing the built in lots from the MT4 one click trading panel in the top left of the platform, for example if I set a pending order with an EA can I code it to use the lots data from that trading panel.

Regards CJA

cja:
Hi mladen,

Is there any way of accessing the built in lots from the MT4 one click trading panel in the top left of the platform, for example if I set a pending order with an EA can I code it to use the lots data from that trading panel.

Regards CJA

CJA

Frankly I do not know

Will have to check if there is any way to do that

Modifying Multiple Orders

Can someone point me in the direction where I find information on how to modify multiple orders, where the TP of all open orders will be modified to the TP of the first order opened?

Thanks!

Coding help

I need to coding help for my ea. condition like this.

"After reach set equity target need to close all open orders & don't need to place any new trade when i re-set equity target."

please some one help me...

thanks

Reason: