How to code? - page 309

is it possible to create a parabolic sar indicator based on an editable zigzag?

mladen:
joelnelson

TakeProfit, Lots and TrailingStop have nothing to do with the way how parabolic sar s calculated (those parameters are obviously taken from an EA using sar in its work). So, if you are not looking for an EA, it is not possible to add those parameters in a meaningful way

Also. the shift in the parameters is reffering to the bar that is tested (parabolic SAR is not shifted as movinga average can be shifted usually) Those parameters are probably meant for a call to a built in sar and the built in sar has the following form

double iSAR([/TD] [TD]string symbol, int timeframe, double step, double maximum, int shift)
Shift 1 in that case mans to test the value of the first closed bar of parabolic sar

Dear Friend,

Thank you for clearing my doubt. Again, Is it possible to create a parabolic sar indicator based on an editable zigzag? I have seen "parabolic on zigzag" but not vice versa. Do you think u could work on this indicator?

I have seen a ZigZag on parabolic

Don't think that I ever saw a parabolic on ZigZag (since ZigZag does not feel all the values but only peaks, the rest is just a drawn line, I think it is not possible to make a parabolic sar on ZigZag) Attaching a ZigZag on parabolic I have found
joelnelson:
Dear Friend, Thank you for clearing my doubt. Again, Is it possible to create a parabolic sar indicator based on an editable zigzag? I have seen "parabolic on zigzag" but not vice versa. Do you think u could work on this indicator?
Files:

Median line of HiLow

Has anyone seen MT4 indicator that would work like TenkanSan line? I mean by that median line of hi-low range of given time period.

It would work like that:

(Highest high from 10 days + lowest Low of 10 days) /2

I am totally newbie to MT4 and can not get used to this language(previously I used VTT)

Try this one : it shows highest high, lowest low and median for the required period

gmailer:
Has anyone seen MT4 indicator that would work like TenkanSan line? I mean by that median line of hi-low range of given time period.

It would work like that:

(Highest high from 10 days + lowest Low of 10 days) /2

I am totally newbie to MT4 and can not get used to this language(previously I used VTT)

Anyone Help Me My EA Close Orders immediately After It Enter to Trade

My Ea use stochastic to open and exit trade. It use 20% and 80% to enter or exit trade.

Many orders close right after it open trade. I do not know why.

Anyone know please help me to solve it.

Thank you in advance.

mladen:
Try this one : it shows highest high, lowest low and median for the required period

Thanks a lot! That is good.

Premeus

Talking in general (since I can nit see the code) : that can happen if you open and close orders based on a signal on current (still opened) bar.

If that is the case, take signals on a first closed bar

Premeus:
My Ea use stochastic to open and exit trade. It use 20% and 80% to enter or exit trade.

Many orders close right after it open trade. I do not know why.

Anyone know please help me to solve it.

Thank you in advance.

Hi all, I am trying to get my Stochastic EA to open trade when the line crosses above or below the over brought (80) and over sold level (20). e.g. below 20, Long and above 80, Short.

I am able to get the trigger my trade when the line crosses, however, I am not able to trigger it only when they are at the overbrought or oversold region.

Is it something to do with this?

extern int overBought = 80;

extern int overSold = 20;

I have been stuck at this for quite some time, can someone shed me some guidance here?

Thanks and regards

Hi all, please ignore me. I found the error already. Thanks

tkuan77:
Hi all, I am trying to get my Stochastic EA to open trade when the line crosses above or below the over brought (80) and over sold level (20). e.g. below 20, Long and above 80, Short.

I am able to get the trigger my trade when the line crosses, however, I am not able to trigger it only when they are at the overbrought or oversold region.

Is it something to do with this?

extern int overBought = 80;

extern int overSold = 20;

I have been stuck at this for quite some time, can someone shed me some guidance here?

Thanks and regards

I want to show spread real time code inside EA.

Any please give me some advice.

Reason: