How to code? - page 136

how do you use Fractal?

lets say i only want the fractal up? i am confuse.. is fractal up mode upper?

and also about the shift?

below is the code i place to check the newest fractal up

iFractals (Symbol (), PERIOD_H1, MODE_UPPER, 1);

is this correct? or should i put 0 in the shift?

0 shift is the current bar that is still forming, 1 is the previous bar that has already closed. It depends which one you want.

Good luck

Lux

With fractals use a 1 shift would be your best bet.

luxinterior:
0 shift is the current bar that is still forming, 1 is the previous bar that has already closed. It depends which one you want.

Good luck

Lux

?

lux?? i have attach the image.. what shift and mode should i use for blue and yellow circle?

blue = iFractals (Symbol (), PERIOD_H1, MODE_UPPER, 1);

yellow=iFractals (Symbol (), PERIOD_H1, MODE_LOWER, 1);

is this correct?

Not sure if you're understanding the shift variable correctly.

The shift will constantly be changing so you must decide when you want to check for a signal. As I said 0 will ALWAYS refer to the currently forming bar and 1 will ALWAYS refer to the bar preceding the currently forming bar.

Looking at your pic it looks like shift 4 and 6 but obviously as soon as the next bar would open those shifts would change, hence the name

Good luck

Lux

luxinterior:
Not sure if you're understanding the shift variable correctly.

The shift will constantly be changing so you must decide when you want to check for a signal. As I said 0 will ALWAYS refer to the currently forming bar and 1 will ALWAYS refer to the bar preceding the currently forming bar.

Looking at your pic it looks like shift 4 and 6 but obviously as soon as the next bar would open those shifts would change, hence the name

Good luck

Lux

ok thanks.. but how do i code it that it would only read the latest fractal up and down.. i thought the shift 1 would put the value of the latest fractal regardless of the bars.. i guess i am mistaken..

so what code should i place that it would read the latest fractal up and down?

Just loop back from 0 until the value is not 0 or NULL (can't remember off the top of my head).

Lux

So, we are having decompiled indicators here too

And in "How to code" thread

Funny, very funny

mladen:
So, we are having decompiled indicators here too

And in "How to code" thread

Funny, very funny

i don mind help to decompile indicator if someone can help me on my mentioned problem at my post here.

Maybe you should learn to code, instead of "i don mind help to decompile indicator"

You know : you seat down, you read, you try to write what you learned, and again, and again...

Oh no, I forgot : it is so difficult to learn, it is much, much easier to steal... You don't have to know anything, you can even be a complete idiot and still can be able to steal

Reason: