Newbie question

Id like to know how can I use or run .mql files. i keep seeing files with extension like this. What are these files for and how can i use this in MT4?

Thanks.

PS. THIS SITE ROCKS!!!!

mql is for MT3 not version 4. MQ4 is for MT4

Dont know mql programming. is there a way u can convert mql to mq4 for non-programmer like me? tnx

jerrymar:
Dont know mql programming. is there a way u can convert mql to mq4 for non-programmer like me? tnx

No way. Just follow the Codersguru lessons. It is the only way I know.

This means that i have to study and learn MQL4 huh?

No prob!

Thanks guys!!!

lowphat:
alot of the time if it was a popular expert or indicator theres a good chance someone has already converted it to mq4. if its a rocken EA or Indicator and has been proven to be of extreme importance someone may volunteer to convert it. you may wanna just ask if whatever your looking at has been converted already

Id like to test GoldWarrior but its in MT3 version. Is there an MT4 ver of GW?

heres a thread about GW for 4

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173145

another tip is you can use the search on the menu bar to help find files also thats how i found the above thread

alot of the time if it was a popular expert or indicator theres a good chance someone has already converted it to mq4.

if its a rocken EA or Indicator and has been proven to be important someone may volunteer to convert it. you may wanna just ask if whatever your looking at has been converted already

Reason: