SATL and FATL for GBP 60min

Files:

RFTL and RSTL for GBP 60min

Files:

taminghope:
SATL and FATL for GBP 60min

Very,Very Cool! Thank you!

Any Updates?

I have now read all of the material on this forum concerning Adaptive Trend and Cycles Following Method. I have been to 8 DImensions and the FinWare website. Is there any other websites or books that discuss trading strategies with these indicators?

I have demo-traded Eur/Usd 15min and other pairs with very favorable results. At first I incorporated Fatl and PCCI with my other methods and it improved my timing. I have now concluded that you do not need to make this strategy to complicated and a scaled down "KISS" (fatl/satl,ftlm,pcci) is very profitable for a Discretionary trading system. It is wrong to compare FATL/SATl to moving averages- just put the two on a chart and compare for yourself.

I am very interested in any other traders setups with these indicators and the profitability of this methodology!.

I would also appreciate any candid comment on John Ehlers books. They seem to be the only books on digital trading. Looking at the contents- it does not look like he covers Adaptive Trend and Cycles. Does Ehlers cover some practical digital trading systems?

Any comments are appreciated. TY Mrippy

PipRippy:
I have now read all of the material on this forum concerning Adaptive Trend and Cycles Following Method. I have been to 8 DImensions and the FinWare website. Is there any other websites or books that discuss trading strategies with these indicators?

I have demo-traded Eur/Usd 15min and other pairs with very favorable results. At first I incorporated Fatl and PCCI with my other methods and it improved my timing. I have now concluded that you do not need to make this strategy to complicated and a scaled down "KISS" (fatl/satl,ftlm,pcci) is very profitable for a Discretionary trading system. It is wrong to compare FATL/SATl to moving averages- just put the two on a chart and compare for yourself.

I am very interested in any other traders setups with these indicators and the profitability of this methodology!.

I would also appreciate any candid comment on John Ehlers books. They seem to be the only books on digital trading. Looking at the contents- it does not look like he covers Adaptive Trend and Cycles. Does Ehlers cover some practical digital trading systems?

Any comments are appreciated. TY Mrippy

I will continue this thread. Will describe several trading strategies.

Next week.

I have got no problem making the FATL and SATL and PCCI. My problem comes when trying to figure out the input variables for RBCI and the other filters. I understand that RBCI has 3 additional inputs over FATL/SATL- Is there a particular rule of thumb for the inputs on RBCI,FTLM,STLM. I am basically just trying all different combinations with all different kinds of results.

I would appreciate any combinations that have worked in the past for these indicators. Something like a rough-guideline or a starting point from where to start adjusting inputs. I understand that the help manual is in its early stages but any reference would be appreciatred. The manual does a good job on FATL/SATL but its lacking depth on the others. Any advice? TY

Newdigital- I found the thread where you explained some of the different parameters for fatl/satl,rstl/rftl RBCIetc.. The big problem I have now is creating the FTLM and STLM. These last 2 momentum indicators are FTLM= FATL - RFTL and STLM= SATL - RSTL. I cannot figure out the instructions. I undestand that you should combine to create one indicator by subtraction of FATL-RFTL- I just cannot find the procedure. It looks like it is done with a different window or something. If anybody has created the FTLM or STLM please leave some quick instructions. Any help is appreciated.

I personally think it is possible to trade with the FATL/SATL and the RBCI. I like to live trade with "KISS" for simplicity. But the addition of the momentum indicators make sense(FTLM-STLM). My demo results are very encouraging but the real test comes from live trading- I will post some results. TY

digital filter strategies

PipRippy:
Newdigital- I found the thread where you explained some of the different parameters for fatl/satl,rstl/rftl RBCIetc.. The big problem I have now is creating the FTLM and STLM. These last 2 momentum indicators are FTLM= FATL - RFTL and STLM= SATL - RSTL. I cannot figure out the instructions. I undestand that you should combine to create one indicator by subtraction of FATL-RFTL- I just cannot find the procedure. It looks like it is done with a different window or something. If anybody has created the FTLM or STLM please leave some quick instructions. Any help is appreciated. I personally think it is possible to trade with the FATL/SATL and the RBCI. I like to live trade with "KISS" for simplicity. But the addition of the momentum indicators make sense(FTLM-STLM). My demo results are very encouraging but the real test comes from live trading- I will post some results. TY

Hi everybody,

1-I have the same problem as PipRippy,have been able to create and use FATLs and SATLs specific to any pair/timeframe with good results,for example,create3 EURGBP SATL/FATL with P1=4,27,46(SEE ATTACHMENT eurgbpdaily.gif).Why these parameters?Open the digital filter creator,goto spectrum,open EURGBP1440 file(from Metatrader/Strategybuilder),analyze the spectra ,and take the 3 dominant frequencies to create your SATL/FATL specific for that pair/timeframes.Then proced with all pairs/timeframes you want to trade,and create and save the templates in Metatrader/Strategybuilder.....

BUT I haven`t been able to discover how to create STLM,FTLM kind of indicators,and when I try to create a RBCI kind-BANDPASS FILTER,the results I get are not similar to the RBCI images posted in this forum(nor are they tradable).

2-I think a very good strategy,and very simple,for daily ,4H and 1H/15M? timeframes ,could be developed by using just 2 digital indicators: STLM2 and FTLM.(SEE ATTACHMENT eurgbpdaily2.gif).When the 2 agree in direction/slope we have a short term/long term trend agreement.

IDEA1:We can determine the trend,in the daily/WEEKLY frame,then trade all signals in agreement with this trend in the 15 minutes to 1H timeframes,using either our own system/indicators,or a SATL/FATL"SPECTRUM DESIGNED" specifically for the pair/timeframe (i.e: EURGBP15M),so,if Trend agreement is UP,we only trade BUY/CLOSE,BUY/CLOSE ON THE SATL/FATL 15M crossovers,but avoid any short position-FOR DAYTRADERS.

IDEA2:FOR SWING TRADERS:We,once the Trend agreement starts,go to the shorter time frame and enter the position(as before),so we take the first signal,and we do not close the position until the Trend disagrees again,so,we ride 3 to several days swings with very good entry points.

We can combine this strategy with partial positions profit taking,etc,etc,the end result is that we can develop a lowrisk/high potential swing strategy by using just 2 digital filters for direction,and any other indicator for timing entries /exits.

Hope my 2 cents have been helpful,and if anybody can create a combined STLM+FTLM INDICATOR that can show at a glance the net trend/trend agreement direction/slope I will be extremely thankful.;)

Best Regards.

Files:

We described in Ichimoku thread about how to analyze the market condition and, in some cases, how to predict the price movement.

But it is possible to do it using digital filters also https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172934

The rules are very simple.

1. Always consider trend according to SATL indicator.

2. Future possible uptrend. If the SATL is in uptrend and RBCI indicator richs minimum and going to uptrend as well. The trend is very strong if STLM indicator is on uptend as well. Why strong? Because we may open the order and may have good pips in profit in this case.

Opposite for downtrend.

3. If SATL is on uptrend but RBCI is coming down - consolidation (local downtrend before uptrend will continue).

4. PCCI indicator is good as well (below zero for downtrend and above zero for uptrend).

Files:
digital1.gif  27 kb

What is the problem with this estimation and forecasting?

The problem is the following: the signals from PCCI and RBCI indicators are coming first and those signals may be confirmed by SATL. But may be not. If not confirmed - so it is false signal. So anyway - SATL is the main indicator to estimate the trend and to forecast the trend and direction.

It is different for consolidation of the price. In this consolidation oscillators are tghe main indicators.