Starter EAs - page 3

Hi sada,

thanks a lot for your help, how is it going with starter v6 for you in alpari?, could you give us a little bit of advance, just to know how is performing these days?

Alpari is a little different in that GBP/USD is only $7 a pip instead of the usual $10. And I think they have AUD/USD at $20 a pip? Strange. But most people I have heard from only have good things to say about them (I have only used them in demo accounts)

I do not know about Starter but I tested Brainwashing on Alpari and on Neuimex and it was very different. On Neuimex the signals from Price_Stop indicator were earlier than from Alpari and iTrend filter was showing very different values, and EA opened the different orders in different time.

It was not all the time but sometimes (once or twice per week).

could anyone post your statements for V6 of this week?

bmac, here is my starter_v6 statement for this week. It did very well -- until the last day and a half when it took heavy losses.

This is the v6 posted by jdun, OOTB (out of the box), no modifications at all. I put the comments on so you can see what chart generated each trade.

Files:
starter_v6.htm  21 kb

M5, M15, M30, H1 GBPUSD: 11-4 ($1050 - -$1060) Net Loss: -$10

Long/Buy: 3-1 (2 Big Win - 1 Big Loss) Short/Sell: 8-3 (8 Big Win - 2 Big Loss)

M15 EURUSD: 12-1-1 ($940 - -$50) Net Profit: $890

Long/Buy: 4-0 (2 Big Win) Short/Sell: 8-1-1 (6 Big Win - 1 Big Loss)

M15, M30, H1 USDJPY: 6-5 ($432.06 - -$952.09) Net Loss: -$520.03

Long/Buy: 5-4 (4 Big Win - 3 Big Loss) Short/Sell: 1-1 (1 Big Win - 1 Big Loss)

H1 USDCHF : 2-0 ($152.03) Net Profit: $152.03

Long/Buy: 2-0 (2 Big Win)

M30 USDCAD: 3-0 ($252.06) Net Profit: $252.06

Long/Buy: 2-0 (2 Big Win) Short/Sell: 1-0 (1 Big Win)

M15 EURJPY: 3-2 ($253.45 - 161.03) Net Profit: $92.42

Long/Buy: 2-1 (2 Big Win - 1 Big Loss) Short/Sell: 1 -1 (1 Big Win - 1 Big Loss)

Total: 37-12-1

Long/Buy: 18-6 (14 Big Win - 5 Big Loss)

Short/Sell: 19-6-1 (17 Big Win - 5 Big Loss)

This report on Starter_v6_fuki is base on two weeks of testing. The last two closed position trades were use at a different setting (M5 EURUSD) and was not counted. The open trade was set on M30 GBPUSD only. It was not counted because the trade was not closed. Only trades that were completed tally on this report.

All trades were done forward testing. There was no backtesting on this EA. All trades were done in 1 lot. All trades were handle by the EA with no human interaction at all. All trades have the default setting except for take profit, which was set to 10 instead of 11. Default stop loss was set to 35 points. It was run from Sunday at noon EST(USA) till Friday at 9PM EST(USA). The computer has 512ram and runs Win2K. The computer was running multi instance of Metatrader 4. Interbankfx demo account was used to test this EA. There was no computer crash but Interbankfx on the first week of test has multi server downtime. The second week I didn't notice any past Monday.

There are more wins then losses. Thirty-Seven wins compare to twelve losses and one draw. Of the thirty-seven wins fourteen of them have five or more points ($50+). There were only twelve losses but of those twelve ten has big loss ($50+). The losses were heavy; three of them reach the stop loss limit (35 points or $350), three reach the thirty point ($294) before it was close out by the EA. There was no difference between the Long/Short win loss ratio.

GBPUSD was set to M5, M15, M30, and H1 timeframe as recommended by Fuki for this pair. It was the most heavily traded of the pairs. It has eleven wins with four losses. My guess is that the M5 timeframe was causing most of the entry. Also it is the only pair that used four timeframe. The eleven wins netted $1005 in profit, but the four losses netted $1060 in red. The total net loss was $10. The GBPUSD pair has potential in this EA. Finding the right timeframe to make this pair profitable will be the hard part. I recommend that you hold off trading on this pair using real money until you are satisfied in testing.

EURUSD was set to M15 timeframe as recommended by Fuki for this pair. It was the second most traded pair even with the used of one timeframe. There were fourteen total trades. Of the fourteen, twelve were winners, one loss, and one draw. The twelve winners have a total profit of $940. The lone loss was only $50 or five points. The net profit cames out to $890. In other words this pair alone make up over ninthly percent of total net profit for the two weeks. EURUSD pair work very well with the Starter EA.

USDJPY was set to M15, M30, and H1 timeframe as recommended by Fuki for this pair. Of the pairs traded for this EA it has the most net losses. Eleven trades were the third most traded for this test. Six trades were winners five were losers. The total profits for the winners are $432.06, the total loss for the losers are $952.09. The total net loses for this pair is $520.03. Of the pairs that were traded for this EA only GBPUSD and USDJPY has overall net losses. However USDJPY losses was staggering as you can see. This pair was what keeping Starter from breaking past the six thousands income line. Many time Starter gone over six thousands only to have USDJPY and GBPUSD push it back down to the $5900 range. I highly not recommended that you trade with this pair in real money. Extreme risk trading with this pair.

USDCHF was set to H1 timeframe as recommended by Fuki for this pair. It only traded twice in two weeks but both were winners. As expected the H1 timeframe doesn't allow for much this EA. The total net profits for USDCHF was $152.03. Both winner were long/buy trades, both has five or more points ($50+) when closed. Due to the low volume of trades, further testing should be recommended before using this pair to trade live money.

USDCAD was set to M30 timeframe as recommended by Fuki for this pair. There were three trades made in two weeks but all three of them were winners. USDCAD is not a major pair so it is expected to have low trade volumes. The net profit for USDCAD was $252.06. All three trades was closed five points or more ($50+). Due to the low volume of trades, further testing should be recommended before using this pair to trade live money.

EURJPY was set to M15 timeframe as recommended by Fuki for this pair. A total of five trades were made in two weeks. Three of them were winners the other two losers. It is not a major pair so it is expected to trade in low volume even if the timeframe was 15 minute. The three winners make up a gain of $253.45. While the loser make up a loss of $161.03. Overall the net gain for this pair is $92.42. What we can see is that Starter EA has trouble with JPY currencies. It did make a profit but the profit margin was very small and should send warning signals. Further testing should be done to ensure that this pair is profitable.

In conclusion the EURUSD is the major winner and the USDJPY is the major loser. The EURUSD, USDCHF, USDCAD, and EURJPY are profitable. The GBPUSD and USDJPY are not profitable. Further testing should been done for all these pair to insure long-term accurate results for better trading.

jdun:
M5, M15, M30, H1 GBPUSD: 11-4 ($1050 - -$1060) Net Loss: -$10

Long/Buy: 3-1 (2 Big Win - 1 Big Loss) Short/Sell: 8-3 (8 Big Win - 2 Big Loss)

M15 EURUSD: 12-1-1 ($940 - -$50) Net Profit: $890

Long/Buy: 4-0 (2 Big Win) Short/Sell: 8-1-1 (6 Big Win - 1 Big Loss)

M15, M30, H1 USDJPY: 6-5 ($432.06 - -$952.09) Net Loss: -$520.03

Long/Buy: 5-4 (4 Big Win - 3 Big Loss) Short/Sell: 1-1 (1 Big Win - 1 Big Loss)

H1 USDCHF : 2-0 ($152.03) Net Profit: $152.03

Long/Buy: 2-0 (2 Big Win)

M30 USDCAD: 3-0 ($252.06) Net Profit: $252.06

Long/Buy: 2-0 (2 Big Win) Short/Sell: 1-0 (1 Big Win)

M15 EURJPY: 3-2 ($253.45 - 161.03) Net Profit: $92.42

Long/Buy: 2-1 (2 Big Win - 1 Big Loss) Short/Sell: 1 -1 (1 Big Win - 1 Big Loss)

Total: 37-12-1

Long/Buy: 18-6 (14 Big Win - 5 Big Loss)

Short/Sell: 19-6-1 (17 Big Win - 5 Big Loss)

This report on Starter_v6_fuki is base on two weeks of testing. The last two closed position trades were use at a different setting (M5 EURUSD) and was not counted. The open trade was set on M30 GBPUSD only. It was not counted because the trade was not closed. Only trades that were completed tally on this report.

All trades were done forward testing. There was no backtesting on this EA. All trades were done in 1 lot. All trades were handle by the EA with no human interaction at all. All trades have the default setting except for take profit, which was set to 10 instead of 11. Default stop loss was set to 35 points. It was run from Sunday at noon EST(USA) till Friday at 9PM EST(USA). The computer has 512ram and runs Win2K. The computer was running multi instance of Metatrader 4. Interbankfx demo account was used to test this EA. There was no computer crash but Interbankfx on the first week of test has multi server downtime. The second week I didn't notice any past Monday.

There are more wins then losses. Thirty-Seven wins compare to twelve losses and one draw. Of the thirty-seven wins fourteen of them have five or more points ($50+). There were only twelve losses but of those twelve ten has big loss ($50+). The losses were heavy; three of them reach the stop loss limit (35 points or $350), three reach the thirty point ($294) before it was close out by the EA. There was no difference between the Long/Short win loss ratio.

GBPUSD was set to M5, M15, M30, and H1 timeframe as recommended by Fuki for this pair. It was the most heavily traded of the pairs. It has eleven wins with four losses. My guess is that the M5 timeframe was causing most of the entry. Also it is the only pair that used four timeframe. The eleven wins netted $1005 in profit, but the four losses netted $1060 in red. The total net loss was $10. The GBPUSD pair has potential in this EA. Finding the right timeframe to make this pair profitable will be the hard part. I recommend that you hold off trading on this pair using real money until you are satisfied in testing.

EURUSD was set to M15 timeframe as recommended by Fuki for this pair. It was the second most traded pair even with the used of one timeframe. There were fourteen total trades. Of the fourteen, twelve were winners, one loss, and one draw. The twelve winners have a total profit of $940. The lone loss was only $50 or five points. The net profit cames out to $890. In other words this pair alone make up over ninthly percent of total net profit for the two weeks. EURUSD pair work very well with the Starter EA.

USDJPY was set to M15, M30, and H1 timeframe as recommended by Fuki for this pair. Of the pairs traded for this EA it has the most net losses. Eleven trades were the third most traded for this test. Six trades were winners five were losers. The total profits for the winners are $432.06, the total loss for the losers are $952.09. The total net loses for this pair is $520.03. Of the pairs that were traded for this EA only GBPUSD and USDJPY has overall net losses. However USDJPY losses was staggering as you can see. This pair was what keeping Starter from breaking past the six thousands income line. Many time Starter gone over six thousands only to have USDJPY and GBPUSD push it back down to the $5900 range. I highly not recommended that you trade with this pair in real money. Extreme risk trading with this pair.

USDCHF was set to H1 timeframe as recommended by Fuki for this pair. It only traded twice in two weeks but both were winners. As expected the H1 timeframe doesn't allow for much this EA. The total net profits for USDCHF was $152.03. Both winner were long/buy trades, both has five or more points ($50+) when closed. Due to the low volume of trades, further testing should be recommended before using this pair to trade live money.

USDCAD was set to M30 timeframe as recommended by Fuki for this pair. There were three trades made in two weeks but all three of them were winners. USDCAD is not a major pair so it is expected to have low trade volumes. The net profit for USDCAD was $252.06. All three trades was closed five points or more ($50+). Due to the low volume of trades, further testing should be recommended before using this pair to trade live money.

EURJPY was set to M15 timeframe as recommended by Fuki for this pair. A total of five trades were made in two weeks. Three of them were winners the other two losers. It is not a major pair so it is expected to trade in low volume even if the timeframe was 15 minute. The three winners make up a gain of $253.45. While the loser make up a loss of $161.03. Overall the net gain for this pair is $92.42. What we can see is that Starter EA has trouble with JPY currencies. It did make a profit but the profit margin was very small and should send warning signals. Further testing should be done to ensure that this pair is profitable.

In conclusion the EURUSD is the major winner and the USDJPY is the major loser. The EURUSD, USDCHF, USDCAD, and EURJPY are profitable. The GBPUSD and USDJPY are not profitable. Further testing should been done for all these pair to insure long-term accurate results for better trading.

Thanx for the report jdun. I am gonna do further test using starter v6.htm on Alpari but only on EURUSD for another 2 weeks to a month. I will totally leave it to auto close and not involve any manual trading. will post the results.

I am currently running six instance of Starter V6_fuki on one of my computer to have a better idea of which pairs and what time frame is best for this EA. My testing standard is all forward testing. I do not believe that the data provided for backtesting or the backtesting program itself is reliable at all.

My testing format looks like this now. One instance (open program) of Metatrader contains most of the pair (4 pips spread or less) with only one time frame. So one Metatrader instance will only have one time frame for all pairs in that instance.

What I find very shocking in my testing is that Starter_v6_Fuki the M30 and up is all losses. The M5 time frame was in the black since starting the current testing but today it went into the red. For the M15 timeframe it is just amazing. Attach is the M15 timeframe and statement.

I will try to do a detail report this weekend if I have the time.

jdun, good idea to test a different demo account for each time frame. Starter definitely seems to prefer M15.

My starter_v6 is demo testing on one account with several timeframes and I have also noticed that the M15 charts produce the most trades and the most winners. I will post my statement at the end of the week as well.

You know what also amazing. The starter v6 Fuki trade in thin narrow range market. Look at the time on the statement. The US and EURO market close while the Asian market is just about to open.

Sadaloma's Statement in M15 also confirm it.

Reason: