Ask! - page 177

timotrade:
Hi mladen,

Your Symbols.mq4 script worked perfectly in MT4 build 509, but it throws a file error in build 636 (when opening symbols.raw).

Would you kindly share an updated version for MT4 build 636?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Timo.

Timo

This is an updated symbols indicator : symbols_nmc.mq4

Files:

mladen:
Timo This is an updated symbols indicator : symbols_nmc.mq4

Thank you so much, mladen. I very sincerely appreciate your help. This has helped enormously!

MML Dashboard - Arrows implementation

Hello

I have the indicator ay-mmldashboard_v1.1_2.mq4 which I have make some simple conversions to make it compatible to the new build but i need some help.

This indicator supposed to have an arrow which displays where the price is going (up or down) next to the label with the actual price.

Those arrows are not working anymore and I really want to have them but i cannot figure out how to achieve that.

As you can see in the screenshot below the arrows has been replaced by the character È.

I have found in the code the line that creates the arrow (line 391)

lblCreate("0.1."+sym+".pricedir", x+(j*symcolwidth)+42, y , "Ê", 14, "Wingdings", White);

[/CODE]

and the lines that directs the arrow (line 293 - 314 )

[CODE]

for (k=1; k<Periods; k++)

{

cpprev = iClose(sym, giTf, k);

if (cpprev > gdaSymMM[mmidx+1]) //--- down dir

{

ObjectSet(objsympricebg, OBJPROP_COLOR, gsaMmlClr[mmidx] );

ObjectSetText( objmmarrow, "Ê" );

ObjectSet(objmmarrow, OBJPROP_YDISTANCE, ObjectGet(objsympricebg, OBJPROP_YDISTANCE) - 15 );

ObjectSet(objmmarrow, OBJPROP_COLOR, gsaMmlClr[mmidx+1] );

break;

}

if (cpprev < gdaSymMM[mmidx]) //--- up dir

{

ObjectSet(objsympricebg, OBJPROP_COLOR, gsaMmlClr[mmidx+1] );

ObjectSetText( objmmarrow, "È" );

ObjectSet(objmmarrow, OBJPROP_YDISTANCE, ObjectGet(objsympricebg, OBJPROP_YDISTANCE) + 15 );

ObjectSet(objmmarrow, OBJPROP_COLOR, gsaMmlClr[mmidx] );

break;

}

}

Can you please advice how should I add the arrows 200 (up) and 202 (down) described in the below OBJ_ARROW table

Wingdings - MQL4 Documentation or any other similar arrows?

Many thanks in advance

archutas:
Hello

I have the indicator ay-mmldashboard_v1.1_2.mq4 which I have make some simple conversions to make it compatible to the new build but i need some help.

This indicator supposed to have an arrow which displays where the price is going (up or down) next to the label with the actual price.

Those arrows are not working anymore and I really want to have them but i cannot figure out how to achieve that.

As you can see in the screenshot below the arrows has been replaced by the character È.

I have found in the code the line that creates the arrow (line 391)

lblCreate("0.1."+sym+".pricedir", x+(j*symcolwidth)+42, y , "Ê", 14, "Wingdings", White);

[/CODE]

and the lines that directs the arrow (line 293 - 314 )

[CODE]

for (k=1; k<Periods; k++)

{

cpprev = iClose(sym, giTf, k);

if (cpprev > gdaSymMM[mmidx+1]) //--- down dir

{

ObjectSet(objsympricebg, OBJPROP_COLOR, gsaMmlClr[mmidx] );

ObjectSetText( objmmarrow, "Ê" );

ObjectSet(objmmarrow, OBJPROP_YDISTANCE, ObjectGet(objsympricebg, OBJPROP_YDISTANCE) - 15 );

ObjectSet(objmmarrow, OBJPROP_COLOR, gsaMmlClr[mmidx+1] );

break;

}

if (cpprev < gdaSymMM[mmidx]) //--- up dir

{

ObjectSet(objsympricebg, OBJPROP_COLOR, gsaMmlClr[mmidx+1] );

ObjectSetText( objmmarrow, "È" );

ObjectSet(objmmarrow, OBJPROP_YDISTANCE, ObjectGet(objsympricebg, OBJPROP_YDISTANCE) + 15 );

ObjectSet(objmmarrow, OBJPROP_COLOR, gsaMmlClr[mmidx] );

break;

}

}

Can you please advice how should I add the arrows 200 (up) and 202 (down) described in the below OBJ_ARROW table

Wingdings - MQL4 Documentation or any other similar arrows?

Many thanks in advance

It is a problem with metatrader and fonts.

To make it simple : select such an object and see the name of the font of that object. It will be blank. New metatrader simply does not know how to handle that font (regardless of the fact that it is installed and is a perfectly legal windows font).

They are having big prblems with fonts and the problems are getting worse and worse (see the problems with labels they have too). Even if we replace it with some other font, we might end up with a version that does not work again with some new build - their changes are not always for the better

Margin level information

Hi mladen

Can You make indicator with following functions...

a. Indicator has to show- on what level margin level will remains only 100%,when price reach that level-for buy & sell orders.

b. Indicator has to show-on what level account "blow up",when price reach that level-for buy & sell orders.

a. 1. "Buy -Margin level"100% -for buy positions -(must show on what level margin level will remains only 100%)

2. "Sell-Margin level"100% -for sell positions -(must show on what level margin level will remains only 100%)

b. 3. "Buy -critical level" -for buy positions -(must show on what level account will "blow up")

4. "Sell-critical level" -for sell positions -(must show on what level account will "blow up")

also would be good function- "adjust korner to show."

Many thanks in advance

P.S. Sample is attached... to show-what do I want...

Files:
sample___h1.png  31 kb

Hi there!

I don't know if you could help but it would be great!

I'm trying to figure the conditions for my EA. But I'm falling into some sort of problem when coding with the bollinger bands.

How can I tell the EA that I want the trade to be taken if thewholecandle's body goes over the bollinger : this means boths sides of candle.

For the moment, I have condition :

Close[0]>bands(0,0)+Above_Below_Range*P*Point

Sadly, it takes the trade when like this :

I want it to take the trade when the whole body is out like this :

Any solution?

Thanks

Jason2005:
Hi there!

I don't know if you could help but it would be great!

I'm trying to figure the conditions for my EA. But I'm falling into some sort of problem when coding with the bollinger bands.

How can I tell the EA that I want the trade to be taken if thewholecandle's body goes over the bollinger : this means boths sides of candle.

For the moment, I have condition :

Close[0]>bands(0,0)+Above_Below_Range*P*Point

Sadly, it takes the trade when like this :

I want it to take the trade when the whole body is out like this :

Any solution?

Thanks

If you are checking the upper bollinger band then use

if (Low > upperBollinger)

For lower bollinger band use

if (High < lowerBollinger)

mladen:
Timo This is an updated symbols indicator : symbols_nmc.mq4

I was looking for something like this

apprentice coder:
I was looking for something like this

Happy coding then

Hi Guy

My indicator don't work, After checking in meta editor, I saw errors .

Is anybody here to help me to fix these errors?

Thanks a lot.

Files:
Reason: