Ichimoku EA - page 5

The best is to use a trailing stop and a wider T/P level. Because indicators will get you out either too early or too late.

Are you satisfied with your EA, by the way?

EA coder

My EA is doing well except that it needs manual closing because of the problem of closing too late

any EA coder can help out free please PM me with email.

Congratulations for the thread!

can be a change that would eliminate the automatic closing of the trade?

I think it would be better for the open and only the trade, while the closure should be made with only TP or TS or manually.

Thanks for Interesting system

newdigital:
I found the reason why I got very strange results with this EA on h1 timeframe (two orders was opened and closed within 1 minutes). And it was not backtesting. It was live testing on demo (forward test).

Thanks Codersguru for the lessons.

Thus I changed something in the code and we may select timeframe, working hours and Ichimoku setting (Tenkan_sen, Kijun_sen and Senkou_Span_B).

Everything about Ichimoku settings you may find here

Codersguru may check my coding for any mistakes and everybody can play with timeframe, Ichimoku settings and working hours to find the right settings for any timeframe except H4. For H4 this EA is very good and nothing can be changed for h4 timeframe. May be H1 is ok as well.

Hello!

I am new here! I trading with Ichimoku indicators some month, but in some last days I find this great EA in this forum! THX. It's work very good.

But I have some questions:

Can anyone made some changes in this EA? It be nice if in the EA be this settings/rulles:

1. If is signal to sell or buy EA open the position than close it in profit or with stop loss - but not opening new position till new signal.

2. We can determine how many bars EA is loking back for signal.

3. When trading hours is ending and we have open position in little minus EA is loking for greater TF trend and if it good it continue trading or if trendline is bad for us position it closing it.

happyfx:
I have a custom made EA make use of ICHIMOKU

Any ones knows what indicator is best for exit for this indicator ?

Too late to exit if T and K cross each other again because trend changes

before T and K cross each other so eat up a lot of initial profits after trade opening

Trend traders using Ichi, give up some pips at the beginning, and at the end of a trend. That's what trend traders do, trend is only over, when ichi says its' over.

Oh btw, this EA is not following ichi rules, in short forward test it seems it only pays attention to Sen cross, kumo cloud is not taken into account..

weetikveel:
Oh btw, this EA is not following ichi rules, in short forward test it seems it only pays attention to Sen cross, kumo cloud is not taken into account..

Yes, it's way too simple, don't waste time on it.

There is a more complete one around, the KS Robot. But it adds its own rules to the Ichi set of rules, so it's not kosher either.

Ichimoku EA request

Hey guys

Hope we are all good and well.

I wondered if anyone can help me or point me in the right direction, I am looking for a simple EA that will close any open trade on the 4h when price crosses Tenkan Sen or Kijun sen in the opposite direction of the trade.

So for example:

If I am in a short trade on the 4h, the Ks and Ts will be above price.

when the trade starts to reverse and head back towards the KS or TS I want to close the trade once it closes above both Ks and Ts.

It must close above both lines

I hope this makes sense

Thanks

Ichimoku5_1 does not seem to work

I just downloaded the Ichimoku5.mq4 and Ichimoku5_1.mq4 EAs this past weekend but I have not been able to get them to work in backtests nor in forward tests. They do not place any trade and at times they go crazy with the alarms. Am I missing something ? I have attached the EAs to charts with the Ichimoku Kinko Hyo indicator.

Also, am I right to assume that the trading hours in "_1" refer to GMT times ?

On a different but related subject, does an EA need to be compiled in order to operate properly and/or to be backtested? (I have tried these EAs both ways without results.)

And one last thing, in order not to recreate the wheel, what are the "definitive" recommended parameters (Tenkan, Kijun & Senkou B) for the different timeframes?

Blessings,

Reason: