I havent tested but i believe this expert enters based on kijun break

also may use a slope detect to stay out of flat markets

30 min may be favored

Files:
ksrobot_1_5.zip  12 kb

Very good backtesting. It rocks.

Best regards

hello Traders,

this is a backtesting but what you like pair of currencies recommend and which frametime, in order to make a true test on an account demo ?

Bruno,

I am testing KSRobot_1_5_h1_v1.mq4 on jpy h1.

No trades during the two days.

KSRobot (all the versions) are trading between 7am to 7 pm GMT.

If you need an other hours just change hours in the code.

I will continuing testing.

I am also testing KSRobot_1_5_h1_v1.mq4 on USD/JPY 1hour. (no trades for me either)

The original version (in the first post) is made for EUR/USD and GBP/USD 30min.

(I think the author intended this to run only from 5am GMT to 5pm GMT, so I adjusted the DayStart and DayEnd to that)

Ksrobot_1_5_h1_v1 had 1 trade today on Alpari platform)

buy usd/jpy at 116.95. Ended up making +12 pips.

Sada

That's strange. My USD/JPY chart shows that the price never came up through the Kijun-Sen line to trigger a buy. Are you leaving this EA on 24 hours a day or just for half the day? For me, the only times that price has broken the Kijun-Sen line in the past few days has been during the inactive hours.

Files:
jpy_ksrobot.gif  51 kb

Eric:
That's strange. My USD/JPY chart shows that the price never came up through the Kijun-Sen line to trigger a buy. Are you leaving this EA on 24 hours a day or just for half the day? For me, the only times that price has broken the Kijun-Sen line in the past few days has been during the inactive hours.

The kijun did break at 14.00 pm GMT. Well i think anyway because the EA open up a buy at that time.

Mine is set at default hours.

sadaloma:
Ksrobot_1_5_h1_v1 had 1 trade today on Alpari platform)

buy usd/jpy at 116.95. Ended up making +12 pips.

Sada

Take 12 pips any day. As long as it is making money constantly then it is a good EA. Do a live feed demo and post result here.

Today was my first day testing this expert. Overall it was a good day. Won 2 out of three times with profits.

I will continual forward testing this EA.

Files:

jdun, I had the same GBP short today (but oddly I didn't have the EUR short ).

Anyway, I like this EA too because it trades fairly infrequently but is very conservative and does not seem to lose often.

I noticed you took a loss on the JPY trade. Just keep in mind that this EA was not designed for that pair--but newdigital did tweak the settings to work on the JPY 1 Hour chart (it is attached earlier in this thread if you are inclined to switch)

I am testing this EA on EUR and GBP 30min and newdigital's settings on JPY 1hr.

Files:
Reason: