Scalping - page 2

maniek:
Sorry but what is it .set file ?Thanks

set file is the settings of EA: just place this file in /presets folder (for example: C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4\experts\presets ) and during the attaching EA to the chart just select "load" and download the settings.

Set files are the settings of EAs.

Scalp net

I am new to this forex stuff, I downloaded Meta trader 4 and intalled scalp net and turbo scalp net,

Does this stuff really work ? whats funny is I ran the above program on my old laptop running windows 2000 and I posted a 8000 profit from 6-1-2006 to 1-18-2007 which is great, so I tried the same thing on my home computer running XP and it was a 75% total loss !!?????? whats up with that ??? same parameters same size lots, same size stop/loss orders and the same profit takeing at 100

Any one have an answer ?

DT

Backtesting and forward testing may be different because of the following:

- EA coded on open bar;

- EA was coded on high/low of the close bar, or using some indicator with high/low of some mode for some indicator;

- we are backtesting using Alpari rus data but many indicators are showing very different results for different brokers;

- different broker's datafeed;

- some unknown coding cases.

Besides there are some scalping EAs which are working fine for 1 or 2 months. There are some EAs which is working fine for 6 months. But after those 1-2 months or 6 months the account will be down up to 0 (day X): so, the day X may be tomorrow or may be next year ...And sometimes we can not see it using backtesting. There are a lot of EAs like that in this public forum and some of them are in elite section as well.

It may be good if we see the code and can look inside the code so we can estimate those cases. But if we can not look inside the ode so we must believe in seller but sometimes the sellers are not telling the true.

And because iof that the general conclusion is that backtesting is not reliable.

maybe to you and me its tight stoploss and tight take profit but according to some brokers its scalping

Is this scalping?

Trade duration: 30 seconds - 1 hour >> average 12 minutes

Trades/day: 50-100 >> Average 65

Files:
pips.jpg  62 kb

Anyone have Scalping EA for 4 digit broker ?

please anyone have scalping EA for 4 digit broker

my broker is Fxoptimax and UWCFX

a manual rule ?

newdigital, is there a clear manual rule for this scalping strategy ? sorry, for too late question for this thread.

Regards,

IIN

The Disadvantages of Scalping

Hello! I had been quite inactive on this forum for almost a couple of months. Happy to be back again!

Anyway, my friends and I were having a nice talk yesterday regarding scalping. They seem to be addicted to it. Earlier this morning, I went online to check this scalping thing they were saying. Most of the reviews I read were good.

Now, I just want to ask you guys, as traders that have tried this already, what do you think are the disadvantages of this method? And why do other brokers don't allow this?

this is a good ea

hello

this is a good ea but really slow ,

Reason: