Dynamic indicators - page 3

Because the talk about this indicator is the usual : fantastic,.... and in my opinion it is not that (fantastic). Too much false signals

cencored:
thank you mladen, I appreciate your help. Why were the results not the expected ones?

mladen:
A friend of mine asked me some time ago to look at it and we did, but, frankly, from the information that we had as of how does that indicator works, the results were not the expected ones. Anyway, attached it here.

regards

mladen

sto of rsi, right?

StoRSI = 100.0*((RSI - LLV)/(HHV - LLV));

mladen:
Because the talk about this indicator is the usual : fantastic,.... and in my opinion it is not that (fantastic). Too much false signals

After some backtesting I have to agree, the Sto indicator works a lot better in comparison.

Thank's for the indicator. This is a good tool. I guess your friend miss understood about how to use it. You need to read the book of Dynamic Trader to understand how to use it. but this is a useful weapon.

This indy is not much different with RSI over the Stoch, but DTosc have smoother lines. I don't why, i am not a programmer, can you tell me why ?. Thank's any way.

mladen:
A friend of mine asked me some time ago to look at it and we did, but, frankly, from the information that we had as of how does that indicator works, the results were not the expected ones. Anyway, attached it here.

regards

mladen

kissaki:
Thank's for the indicator. This is a good tool. I guess your friend miss understood about how to use it. You need to read the book of Dynamic Trader to understand how to use it. but this is a useful weapon. This indy is not much different with RSI over the Stoch, but DTosc have smoother lines. I don't why, i am not a programmer, can you tell me why ?. Thank's any way.

because of formula:

double HHV = RSI[ArrayMaximum(RSI,PeriodStoch,i)];

may be you tell us your understanding about how to use it? (few examples?)

Thank's

thank

thank you very much!

Dear fxbs

I need a simple indicator , and will appreciate if you do it , it must draw 2 lines for all the chart

HL=today_high + (previous_day_high - previous_day_low)*0.44

LL=today_low - (previous_day_high - previous_day_low)*0.44

this indicator must fix for mondays too

tnx

fxbs:
because of formula:

double HHV = RSI[ArrayMaximum(RSI,PeriodStoch,i)];

may be you tell us your understanding about how to use it? (few examples?)

Thank's

Hi, sorry for late reply, but it is hard for me to explain it in short words. I learn it from the author of DTOSC, Robert C. Miner, from his book, "High Probability Trading Strategy" Dynamic Traders - Home (i think). Specially with the DTOSC setting, he said there is no fix setting, as long we can see the high and low reversal on previous bar.

It is a classic strategy, Dual time frame, Fib and simple EW, but it is very great combination (for me). after I read it, it become simple, but to explain it would take more time.

New indicator was posted in elite indicators section:

McGinley Dynamic indicator (based on original article by John R. McGuinley, Jr.) is on this post.

Hi ND ,

McGinley Dynamic indicator for Metatrader posted in Forexfactory.McGinley Dynamic indicator in the elite section is different than the one in FF?

Reason: