two diffrent EA on two diffrent graphs with the same global params name

first graph was EURUSD with EURUSD EA while the second one was GBPUSD with GBPUSD EA, both on the same MT4

while running two EA on diffrent coins i had a mix in params values(same name and both was global in their EA).

i had two trades when running it live today without no reason(the second deal should never been opened) and afterwards i also tried it on strategy tester and as i thought the second deal should never been opened in the first place.

am i right or is it a diffrent bug apart from the global thing?

No mind readers here. Post YOUR code.

WHRoeder:
No mind readers here. Post YOUR code.

even if i'll post my code(and i won't for my own reasons) it will take you days just to understand both of the EA's not to mention finding the bug.

i'm looking for intuitive answer

redharel:

first graph was EURUSD with EURUSD EA while the second one was GBPUSD with GBPUSD EA, both on the same MT4

while running two EA on diffrent coins i had a mix in params values(same name and both was global in their EA).

i had two trades when running it live today without no reason(the second deal should never been opened) and afterwards i also tried it on strategy tester and as i thought the second deal should never been opened in the first place.

am i right or is it a diffrent bug apart from the global thing?

Global scope variables or Global Variables ? can you be clearer please.

redharel:

even if i'll post my code(and i won't for my own reasons) it will take you days just to understand both of the EA's not to mention finding the bug.

i'm looking for intuitive answer

It won't take days to see how you place orders . . . perhaps a few mins.

RaptorUK:
It won't take days to see how you place orders . . . perhaps a few mins.

hi Raptor

it's not orderOpen problem, it's the criteria that alows that to happen

on top of each of the EA i declare

first EA

double Name1

second EA

double Name2

while Name1=Name2

redharel:

hi Raptor

it's not orderOpen problem, it's the criteria that alows that to happen

on top of each of the EA i declare

first EA

double Name1

second EA

double Name2

while Name1=Name2

EA1 cannot see EA2's variables and visa versa. So . . .

while (Name1 == Name2)

. . . makes no sense.

RaptorUK:

EA1 cannot see EA2's variables and visa versa. So . . .

. . . makes no sense.

maybe i'm getting somewhere

when i have two EA runing the order data is saved in the same file? meaning i have to use select_by_ticket and not select_by_pos?

OrdersTotal() is working for both EA or each EA have his own OrdersTotal()? 

redharel:

maybe i'm getting somewhere

when i have two EA runing the order data is saved in the same file? meaning i have to use select_by_ticket and not select_by_pos?

OrdersTotal() is working for both EA or each EA have his own OrdersTotal()? 

The Order pool is common to all EAs, Scripts and manually placed Orders/Trades in an MT4 Terminal,  that is why you need to identify the Orders belonging to an EA from those that don't if you want to manage them . . .

So if you have 2 EAs running and each has an open order each EA will see 2 trades.

RaptorUK:
The Order pool is common to all EAs, Scripts and manually placed Orders/Trades in an MT4 Terminal,  that is why you need to identify the Orders belonging to an EA from those that don't if you want to manage them . . .

So if you have 2 EAs running and each has an open order each EA will see 2 trades.

manage orders for each EA is a hugh headache, i think it should have been done by the platform :(

runing the EA on different terminal will solve this problem?

BTW where can i see the file that holds all the orders data?

thanks Raptor 

redharel:

1.  manage orders for each EA is a hugh headache, i think it should have been done by the platform :(

2.  runing the EA on different terminal will solve this problem?

3.  BTW where can i see the file that holds all the orders data?

1.  No it isn't . . .  the platform cannot do it as it does not know in what way you want to manage your orders,  trailing stop is one example . . .  

2.  very probably,  but there really is no need . . . I have an EA running on 6 charts on one terminal with no issues.

3.  I'm not sure you can . . . you can get all the info you need using the  Trading Functions  to look at the trades Pool for open orders or the History Pool for closed orders.

Perhaps we have some misunderstanding . . . . by managing trades I mean modifying or closing trades dynamically,  one example of this would be a trailing SL,  another would be closing an order by using another opposite order.

Reason: